Discuss Main fuse question. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobble23

Active EF Member
I came across this the other day and was wondering if anyone could educate me. A TNC-S supply, into a relatively new box where the neutral and earth separate, line and neutral coming out of the top of the box via a 100A fuse to the meter. So far so simple, but next to the main 100A fuse are what look like two other main fuses, with no tails coming out out them.

I didn't want to take anything apart to have a look (my isolation needs were met at the CU), but can anyone tell me what the two mystery fuses are? I've tried to attach a photo below if that's any help.

Thanks.

photo.jpg

telectrix

Disrespected Scouser
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
3 phase with 2 fuses blanks. what makes you think it's TNC-S? where is the main earthing conductor connected to supplier's facility?

needasparks

Electrician's Arms
like the gn/y IP 44 tape on that old 3036 CU
They use the same stuff on the nosecone of the space shuttle, works a treat so they say. Stops anything heading to earth at high speed. ;)

My money is the install is a large old victorian house, who don't like spending money.

sedgy34

Solar Guru
They use the same stuff on the nosecone of the space shuttle, works a treat so they say. Stops anything heading to earth at high speed. ;)

My money is the install is a large old victorian house, who don't like spending money.
My money is on bobble being a Electrical Trainee lol

D

DurhamSparky

now now chaps.... just because the training centre never had a 3 phase service head....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 100 72.5%
  • Black

Votes: 38 27.5%

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.