Discuss MCS Accredited Solar PV "business in a box" for sale in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Just ask yourself why the business is being sold ..... it's takes a little more than a sales team and good prospects to survive in the pv business. If you've got everything sorted why aren't you just setting up your own mcs pv business, if you've got everything else the only thing you're short of is a qms and fees to the usual suspects then off you go - easy peasy :)

because its all been done for us so we can start installs ourselfs and sign them off next week so we havent got to wait 6 weeks or so for mcs to be sorted and loseing jobs because of it. you sound like you know what a mission it is to get mcs, so would you not pay a few quid extra to bypass that.

Last week there were less than 600 installations NATIONWIDE...!!! definitely NOT the time to be investing into solar installation...... so to confirm the other sentiments it most definitely is a barking mad decision, unless you want to buy mine :)

Ball park what do you think mcs is worth on 2/ 3 technologies then?
Really, in a box, it goes to show the whole Ethos behind MCS / REALs Monopoly is ballship

You want to have a word with KaiserCom, we've got it all wrong - he/she's got it cracked :)

Your "boss" sounds very switched on to me - I wouldn't argue ......

There are opportunities out there still to be successful in PV however it will be far from easy in the coming months, some will have to close their doors or change direction, others will make a living and others will be fortunate to have contracts in place to keep them going or pick up new contracts for larger projects that are committed to before feed in change.

Off grid has risen its head as more want to be self sustaining and I am in talks with 2 large projects at the moment as it encapsulates PV / Wind / Thermal / Air source / Biomass and other low energy products that can make a house self sustaining (or as near as).

Would I invest in an MCS PV company as a new venture? Would I Hell as you will not be taken seriously where it counts.

On the other hand a lot of installation companies are trying to venture into the wholesale market, I have had a phonecall a day from different companies with sole rights to the UK of products who have just started wholesale, of which to I buy direct from the manufacturers, Don't Figure.

Allbrite has been doing wholesale for 8 years but knew there was a conflict of interests as they facilitated retail as well, SellGen is a new company but simply excluded Allbrite from offering wholesale renewable product, this in turn has improved our relationship with our trade customers as they are no longer in competition with Allbrite, to ensure fairness Allbrite get the same prices as everyone else.

PV was the best business in the country to be in 12 months ago (after banking) but things have changed radically. An established company might be 10% or worse, of that value now.

Buy a field or a derelict factory and cover it in PV, guaranteed return and you won't have to spend your whole life watching PV forums and the DECC/EST websites to find out if your investment has a future.

PV was what it was because the margins were to great lets be honest. The market is still there, not in the same volume to sustain all the businesses that jumped on board, and unfortunately some of the better ones will sink with the poorer ones too.
But PV isn't going to go away, it's just going to take time for people to look at it from a different angle, sustainable energy and a step towards being less dependant on huge energy companies, rather than a quick buck investment plan.

The sooner that happens the sooner the industry can move on but one things for sure, it will never be what it once was. Don't have all your egg's in one basket.

My 2p

Well I’ve read the comments on this tread and it seems to me the people that are slagging off the PV solar trade have more than likely made a good few quid out of the trade last year but them happy days have now gone and them jobs are not falling on their laps no more. My advice to these people are stop feeling sorry for yourselves and get your fingers out of your and get out there and look for the work as it is still out there but you have to go get it. We have secured 12 jobs in last 2 weeks and we have nearly filled our books now up to July, which means if we carry on securing jobs i will have to take on another crew to meet the demand. So if you can afford Solar PV Now is the best time to buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done, but please tell us, do all these properties meet the band D requirement, do you have structural calcs for these buildings, do you get building regs for your customers, oh and there is so much more.
Do you adhere to the REAL code as well?

It just seems strange to me that you drop into this industry and then make all of these sales, when there are many professionals, that have a good reputation and customer base but are seeing inquiries of almost nil.

Reply to MCS Accredited Solar PV "business in a box" for sale in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net