Discuss MCS Quality Management System in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

hi all, just joined the site. we all seem to be in the same boat, im looking into booking myself on a quality management seminar too get assistence with the criteria of passing the pv assesment, can anyone one give me further advice and if the have experienced it and if they belive it has been worth it, many thanks

hi all, just joined the site. we all seem to be in the same boat, im looking into booking myself on a quality management seminar too get assistence with the criteria of passing the pv assesment, can anyone one give me further advice and if the have experienced it and if they belive it has been worth it, many thanks

Hi there, this mcs stuff is certainly a bit of a task to say the least. Well I went on a seminar that cost £75 (+ a day not working as I am self employed) it did give me a knoledge of what mcs is and a stack of templates for my qms but when I sat down to but the bespoke qms together I was still miles from the standard required. I eventually called a company called easy mcs in Chester and they produced my qms for me and mentored me through the standard all for £495. When you take into consideration that I would of failed my assesment with the pack I started putting together + a re-assesment fee i started thinking this should of Been my first route instead of the seminar. Well worth giving them a bell.

Hi, just to say we're with NAPIT and they have an MCS / QMS template that we're just working through now - it includes things like templated Excel sheets for document registers etc etc. We're looking to customise it to our way of working ready for our MCS assessment mid Jan

To be honest when I started putting mine together I worked out it would take me about two / three weeks and it may still fail. I just liked the thought that for £495 I could have someone do it for me that knows the standards and guarrantees an office based pass. It meant I could get on with installing and making money. If I missed three days work because I was working on my qms then I would of lost the same amount of income as the cost of the pack.

just to go off the subject how ae you guys going to to be assesed, what i mean is you first job that you will be assesed on. its not a good selling point to a customer that there house will be the first one you do etc, or you going to install on a friends or family house, cheers

You don't have to actually do an installation yourself, if you know of someone who has done an installation you could use this as an example to show the assesor. You build your project pack and hand over pack around this installation as if you have completed it from initial enquiry to calcs to commissioning. The assesor will be able to see that you understand the installation process and audit you in 12 months to ensure you are doing it correctly.

cheers treadwarm, do you have any info i.e paperwork you fill in on commisioning etc, my pv course is in 2 weeks just want to get the best understanding i can before the course starts. i always feel they rush these courses. if you have anythinbg that you may feel will benifit me could you send me them to [email protected]. diolch..

If I am honest mate I am still in the early stages myself and will be looking to get my training course booked in jan myself . If I can give any advice it would be to speak to your certification body or easy mcs before you book your course I went on one that cost me £300 and I had no practical training what so ever. Like with anything u have good and bad courses but easy mcs reccomended me on to one just need to get it booked.

Reply to MCS Quality Management System in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net