Hi people, I recently moved to Mauritius which has a UK 3-pin plug system, however the vast majority of appliances on the market are imported from Europe and therefore have European 2 pin plugs on them. As a result everyone here runs all their appliances on block plug adaptors and extension cords (silly I know)! Up to last week I hadn't had a problem but I just bought a small Rowenta space heater (yes it can get a little chilly in the winter!) and since then it has melted 4 of these plug adaptors (see pic). In none of these melt instances had the heater been running for a long time. So, does this suggest there is something wrong with the new space heater, or is it just not safe to run them on an adapter like this? Can I simply cut off the Euro 2 pin and wire on a 3-pin? All advice gratefully received!
2.7 MB Views: 21