Discuss Minimum qualifications required for MCS accreditation in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

richsogecko

Hi Everyone,

First post so please be gentle....

I'm a qualified electrician - 2330/2382/2391 with good all round experience and have just started to work for a new start-up company who are about to go through their MCS accreditation for Solar PV.

Can anyone tell me if there are any additional 'generic' qualifications an MCS Installer/installation Company should have e.g I have 'Working at Heights' / 'Safety Passport' / 'Confined Space Awareness' / 'Roofing' etc but should I be undertaking some other courses e.g Asbestos Awareness, Manual Handling etc.

We've got all the QMS stuff sorted etc just want to be ready for any questions the assessor may have.

Rich

Hi and welcome,

If you have your Qms sorted , it should give you a idea in that , but if not you will be at least looking at working at hight , manual handling and some form of course just so you can understand the different aspects of being a installer , the last one is just my opinion but I would say is still essential !

Good luck

That would depend on what you think of the provider !
But yes that should have given you a bit of a insight .
Are you looking at going into the G59 side of the market from the start then ?

Reply to Minimum qualifications required for MCS accreditation in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

NICEIC Certification Scheme Getting accredited to
Looking for some advice regarding joining a CPS. I've been in the electrical industry in various roles for nearly 10 years. I started my...
Replies
Views
When we consider EICR reports for the Private Rented Sector, we usually think an electrician completing any EICR should be qualified and...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I've joined today because I'm after some advice from people in the field about what requirements are necessary and what maybe considered a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, New here and this question has probably been posted a thousand times, but what I'm looking for if some advice on exactly which Training...
Replies
Views
D
Hello, I joined this helpful forum a few days ago, I did introduce myself on the "New Members" thread and thanks to those who welcomed me. Nice...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock