Discuss MWC or EIC? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Evening chaps,

A little help with what i think is a grey area. Im going to install a twin socket from the DB off the 32a ring RCBO. Does this class as an alteration where i will issue a MWC or does it warrant a EIC?

Thanks

Minor Works Certificate, as its just an addition to an existing circuit and doesn't extend to the provision of a new circuit.

Source: Appendix 6 BS7671.

Edit, just re-read your post, do you mean take the cable for the socket and place it directly into the RCBO / CCU?

Appendix 15 states:

An unfused spur may be connected to the origin of the circuit in the Distribution board.

So I would stick with the Minor works and not a EIC because it's a addition to the existing circuit.

Reply to MWC or EIC? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

When doing an EIC for an additional circuit (which only covers that circuit), does the 'main switch/switch-fuse/circuit-breaker/RCD' section refer...
Replies
Views
Came into work today with a fairly urgent requirement to install an instant hot water handwash unit in a small commercial kitchenette/servery -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi there, I’m a new member to the forum and felt like I could do with some additional insight into a fault I came across on a call-out at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have completed a EIC for a garage DB2 with five final circuits (no problem there i think). But for the distribution circuit from house DB1...
Replies
Views
Evening all, I just wanted to see if electrical improvers/adult trainees with appropriate levels of experience and who hold testing...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock