Discuss NEWS!: - If you visit the forum on your mobile phone, read this! in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

That'll be the problem with the older blackberry's that I kept hearing about. They render the screen differently and the problem is being worked on. I just hoped we had no users that would get the problem.

As a work-around, type the following URL into your browser and save it as a bookmark should it keep happening:-
Code:
http://www.electriciansforums.net/index.php?styleid=16

I hope that's okay for now mate. I'll get onto the fix asap for you. You'll not be one of the users of the new app we're getting and I still want you guys to use the forum on your mobiles so send me a PM in a couple of weeks if you haven't heard from me regarding the fix. It'd be good if everybody had a nice interface to browse on.

Doesn't seem to be working with that code either. I used the site alot on the job but obviously can't do that now....:(:mad::(

Doesn't seem to be working with that code either. I used the site alot on the job but obviously can't do that now....:(:mad::(

I'll make this issue urgent for you then and stick it right at the top of my to-do list. There's already been a bit of help provided to the developers from BB users but I'm not one of them so couldn't test and most of those I read complaining had got it working. So I'll go find out what version they're on, and what they did to fix it, and hit you back asap. You'll have to be my tester though if that's okay.

@ Electricalserv......can you not update your BB phones software to a newer version???

I know there are limits as to how newer you can go but maybe worth a try?

Something I'm not too clued up on again but give it a go if you can and we can tell people how to do it maybe?

And if it goes wrong..... You get a nice Blackberry looking brick!!!

Isnt a blackberry brick just like a normal blackberry?? even my gaffer who is a teknophone is considering getting a DesireHD after seeing what mine can do compared to his BB and the ammount of Bbs I know of that have went boobies up n lost everything is horrendous

That aside Iv had a wee peek @ App/mobile site It wiill take getting use to but looks great thanks Dan ( sent from my laptop on my knee)

I landed on the new page and then clicked the link got UHF full site nod only the full site loads. How do I get back to the reduced version?

Just answered my question. If I log out and then log in again I am taken to the new site.
Comments so far are that the new site is slower on my iPhone than the full version. Also the full version shows more info on the page due to the smaller text size I can get on it which I prefer. Will keep playing with the new look for a while. Good to keep the option to go to the full site.
I would like a 'new posts' button. Thanks for all the good work.

:confused: Isnt working on my Blackberry was fine before change I'm just getting a blank screen now :confused:
Did you get it sorted mate? I had the same blank screen using my bold but fixed it. You need to change your browser. On the current browser page ... Click BB button > Options > Browser Configuration > Scroll to Browser Identification and change from BlackBerry to firefox.>save Options.
Shows this style forum as on your PC. The problem was the BB browser shows its a mobile and so loads the mobile site which (as you are painfully aware) won't load on this OS version.
Hope this helps.
Regards, David

I have a problem with my Desire HD.

Basically i can enter the forum when going straight in using the saved bookmark but when I click on a link within the subscription emails it says error loading page and stays blank apart from the tweets button.

If I then go into the address bar and remove the #post****** after the address it works. :confused:

Other than that it is fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you replace the '#' from the email (cut/paste) and replace it with another '#' does it then work as expected? A problem for Dan to fix that sounds like it may be a code page issue.

Not too sure what you mean by replace the #. :confused:

I have even tried sending the link from within the email as a text message and followed the link via that, but it still has the same effect.

The RSS subscription works great by the way!!:D

If you copy the URL from the email to your browser (rather than just click on it). Then overtype the '#' and replace it with one typed on your keyboard does the whole URL then work?

TBH I cant copy the link and then open my browser and paste it ( i dont think)

When i touch and hold the email link I can either:

1. Open in browser - Doesn't Work
2. Copy link URL - I can do this but get no option to paste when in Browser
3. Share Link - Done this via SMS but has same effect

Maybe i am doing something wrong!!

TBH I cant copy the link and then open my browser and paste it ( i dont think)

When i touch and hold the email link I can either:

1. Open in browser - Doesn't Work
2. Copy link URL - I can do this but get no option to paste when in Browser
3. Share Link - Done this via SMS but has same effect

Maybe i am doing something wrong!!

Ah, OK, not to worry. My suspicion is that the code page being used by your browser is different from the one in the email. The '#' character is one of the ones that may have been remapped.

Those having issues on phones that are not the modern touchscreen type (like the old blackberry's) should now see the normal full forum style version.

A temporary fix but at least you guys should be able to access it again now.

Just an update from my previous post.

I have installed Opera Mini on my phone and tried opening the link via my email (using opera ) and still get the same error as before. Obviously not my pre installed browser causing the problem.

Any ideas Dan?

Those having issues on phones that are not the modern touchscreen type (like the old blackberry's) should now see the normal full forum style version.

A temporary fix but at least you guys should be able to access it again now.

Cheers Dan

I've been having no end of problems with the site... I keep getting Error loading page and it goes blank

Reply to NEWS!: - If you visit the forum on your mobile phone, read this! in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net