Discuss One external source split into multiple zones in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Our house has one external feed going outside to power lights.
We've recently renovated our garden/drive etc and now there are three different zones where we would like to have lights and control when they are on/off.

With one source going outside and one switch, I was wondering if there is some sort of control unit that would split my one feed into three. If that unit then had switches or a way to control via a mobile phone app then I could choose when each zone was on/off.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how this could be achieved? I'm not planning on doing this myself, I want to be better educated on how this could be achieved to work out a solution with my electrician.

Thanks

Our house has one external feed going outside to power lights.
We've recently renovated our garden/drive etc and now there are three different zones where we would like to have lights and control when they are on/off.

With one source going outside and one switch, I was wondering if there is some sort of control unit that would split my one feed into three. If that unit then had switches or a way to control via a mobile phone app then I could choose when each zone was on/off.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how this could be achieved? I'm not planning on doing this myself, I want to be better educated on how this could be achieved to work out a solution with my electrician.

Thanks
Depending on your layout, it's probable that a few smart light switches would do.

Reply to One external source split into multiple zones in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net