Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss parallel feeds in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

benji

-
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

when testing parallel feeds (say 2x4c70mm) do you have to separately test each cable or test them both connected together as this is the way they will be used
yours benji

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
T

tony.towa

I test together. As you say this is how they are used. For peace of mind I also do a continuity check, down each pair, with one set of ends coupled, but that's just me:eek:

benji

-
Arms
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
yeah as we have about 8 sets of parallel feed upto 185mm we would ground one end to id. each cable but for recordable test readings ie. ins.&cont ect there seems to be mixed feelings whether to test individualy or combined i'm for combined as your loop &psc will be taken when the 2 cables are one,must confess i don't know which is the correct way or what difference it would make
yours benji

T

tony.towa

I think it's horses for courses a bit and each to their own.

The parallel cables, to me, represent one feed and so are tested accordingly. A site where this was done was used as an assessment review example and received no adverse comments so I guess it's ok.

Anybody else got any thoughts?

C

Carter

Agree with TT. Surely it is the conditions of use that determines the prospective fault currents and the circuit's ultimate performance under fault conditions so that's how any system (electrical or otherwise) should be assessed i.e. in its normal/designed working condition and configuration.

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to parallel feeds in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
Top Bottom