Discuss Power supply type in industrial unit in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm just after some advice regarding the power supply in an industrial unit I am about to lease. Does this unit have a 3 phase supply that I can use? I plan to get an electrician to fit some commercial fan heaters, but can't decide wether or not I already have 3 phase power that they can be wired to, or if I will have to have anything installed in order to do so.

Thanks in advance!20210127_083859.jpg

Attachments

• 20210127_084324.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 20210127_084321.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 20
It is most likely a 3phase supply.
Can you post a picture of the meter?

It is important to ask the landlord what the supply capacity is, it may not be what It looks like.

It probably is that that triple-pole board could be operating as single phase.

It is most likely a 3phase supply.
Can you post a picture of the meter?

It is important to ask the landlord what the supply capacity is, it may not be what It looks like.
Thanks for the quick reply bud,
Unfortunately, they are all the pictures I have, i was hoping it'd be enough.
The landlord said they don't think that the supply is 3 phase, but 3 phase could be installed (this is a council lease -they're not so helpful with precise information).
I noticed the main switches for the lights in the building have 415v stickers on them, not sure if that's relevant.
20210127_083932.jpg

It probably is three phase as someone has fitted a separate cpc with the supply cable by the looks indicating a core of the cable is not a cpc and hence probably not single phase.

Reply to Power supply type in industrial unit in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net