Discuss PV systems with modules on south facing & South west facing aspects of roof in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The 3 quotes I have for the same building range from a capacity of 1.92kWp to 3.36 kWP, all using the same plans to quote........ and bizarrely the quote in the middle uses all 3 roofs rather than just 2. The price range is £10k to £13600 with the largest system at £10k (!) but only using a single inverter. All the quotes use Sanyo panels due to the restricted space, using 240, 245 and 250 W panels.
Cheers

Difficult to evaluate the systems without knowing the details. If there is a single inverter being used then it must have a dual MPP tracker like the SB4000TL. If not then the system is very poorly designed.

Hi Biggs,

Thanks for the reply. I should get more details on exactly what is being proposed tomorrow, so I'll get back to you then. Thanks again, happy Sunday!

Hi Kate,
Have you considered using Solar Edge components? By using their power optimiser units and inverters, you can put all the panels on one string. The optimisers will take the MPPT out of the inverter and into each individual panel. In your case, assuming that you had all 23 panels (which seems alot!) installed on the different roofs, you would have the benefits of 23 different strings with a constant voltage of all 23 panels in one string across the entire array!
This is a fairly new system, but it sounds that in your case it would be perfect. It also has the advantage of inbuilt monitoring software for your computer.
If you have further details, I will look into the best array configuration?

Reply to PV systems with modules on south facing & South west facing aspects of roof in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net