Discuss Renault Clio 2001 Strange Electrical Problem in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

patryk96

Hello. Yesterday I took out my aftermarket head unit and unplugged it as was checking something. Then I plugged it all back exactly how it was and now the radio doesnt work at all, the interior lights do not operate, the door open warning light on the dash is constantly on when the ignition is on even when all doors are shut and the dashboard clock does not work at all either.
I instantly thought its a fuse so checked all of them and none have blown. Also disconnected battery for a bit and reconnected but still to no avail.
Any help appreciated as I'd like to avoid calling a car electrician !

Don't talk about Renault clio electrics, had air bag light/service on for nearly an year, remade all connections under seat, no joy, had diagnostics, fault code 180, air bag passenger sensor, scrap yard £10 for part fitted all sorted, rear heater demister allways on, took switch off still on, which tells me must be relay, but can't find which one, not even in Haynes manual, will get to the bottom of it in the end.

Hi dude,your issue sounds like a fuse...you need to find the appropriate fuse,which is identified as feeding the circuits lost. Remove it,check for power at board on feed side,and also swap for known good or new.

Without seeing your vehicle,it is guesswork,but your radio function feed,should not be on the same circuit as the other items,this is not to say a common grounding point has not been disturbed.

Check from whence your head units' power has been derived,this might further your investigation.:yes:

Renault Clio's are well known for body control module problems, I think you need to get the fault codes checked to start with

bloody frogs. inbuilt main dealer pension fund boosters.

Reply to Renault Clio 2001 Strange Electrical Problem in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net