Discuss Roller garage door problem in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Brian Read

My neighbour has a problem with his Securoglide Compact electric roller shutter door. When using either the wall mounted control box or remote control it closes OK without any problem but when attempting to raise it using either controls it stops after a few seconds and starts again intermittently.
He has been quoted nearly ÂŁ600 for a new motor but I'm convinced the problem lies with one of the relays in the control unit., which alters the polarity and changes the rotational direction of the motor of the motor and flashes every time it's activated, and the motor stops..
Can anyone tell me if the relays are plug in type or PC mounted before I investigate it further?
Any advice or suggestions welcomed
Thank you
Brian

Hi,Brian,you may struggle to get people advising on such an item,due to possible mishaps related to your experience in such things.Who said it needed a new motor? It could be many different problems,even not a problem at all,such as overloading of motor (it drops out on lifting,due to increase in torque required). Is there spring assistance in the roller head? This could have failed,or it could be a control,or intermittent fault,anywhere on supply. Be VERY cautious in separating the motor drive,from the roller,to check operation,as you may unleash a clattery,tool-squashing guillotine....:conehead:

Reply to Roller garage door problem in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I have a client who is always asking for random things electrically... This time it's a possibility to fit maybe something like a roller lever...
Replies
Views
Hi, Please excuse the 'jump straight in' thread! I've tried looking all over the internet for a solution to my problem, but can only find links...
Replies
Views
H
Hi I have been called to a job recently to install a up and down switch for a small roller shutter door. Motor and control unit all there but...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 26818
D
S
Hello guys called out to a fault on a roller shutter door when you press the button to go either up or down and hold for a while then release the...
Replies
Views
G
Hi all, I apologise for jumping straight in with a new thread asking questions. I did search and can't find any info on my problem. Getting to...
Replies
Views
sappaazz
S

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock