Discuss Service disconnect triplex in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello

I am trying to design an electrical service. I am a retired carpenter and trying to build a triplex for my retirement.
I am hoping to get some help designing it, so I can get some pricing.
This is being built in Nova Scotia, Canada.
My understanding is that a service disconnect is required, only if the feed coming from the meter into the house is more than 10 feet. So, with a triple meter base, I believe I would require 2 disconnects. The first panel would be less than 10 feet from the meter.
What would be required as far as conduit under a slab (This is a slab on grade with 4 foot frost wall)
We are currently in the winter here, and cant pour the slab. However, I want to dig the trenches and fill with gravel before we frame the building and cant get the excavator inside anymore. We have already done this for the plumbing and well pipe.
I am open to suggestions as to where the panels should be. I am okay with anywhere within each unit that is practical.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!!

Attachments

• Drawing 3 unit.pdf
    104.7 KB · Views: 16

Reply to Service disconnect triplex in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I recently purchased a rural property in Arizona. The property receives power from APS, the local electric utility. Power arrives from the...
Replies
Views
Hello --- In the planning stages for a new custom home build -- The house will be several hundred feet from the road and I want to have the power...
Replies
Views
I am looking at installation of an architectural dimmer, that is will supply 6 channels, with 20A circuits each (2400W ea). Our hall has can light...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views
Hi!! I'm trying to complete a one line diagram to appease my electric company (AEP Texas). AEP is telling me: " 1) Please note that the AC...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock