Discuss Shower 10.8kw advice please in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

James Sutton

Hello All

Ive got to fit a new shower in a commicial building our company look after. I think the shower is supplied from a type c 50A MCB MEM mem sheild board. What i was thinking was replacing this with a type c 50Amp 30mA RCBO.

Also would the max Zs for this RCBO still be 0.46 ohm as in the BGB pg 56 table 41.3

Thanks

James

Thanks

Just looked at it table 41.5 30mA 1667 ohms would a minor works cert be ok. iam i right in choosing a 50A Type C RCBO as 10.8KW pulls 47.0A but then will the shower run full bore.

50A MCB = 10mm cable ( but you knew that anyway).

Thanks

Just looked at it table 41.5 30mA 1667 ohms would a minor works cert be ok Technically if your changing the circuits protective device you should issue an EIC.

iam i right in choosing a 50A Type C RCBO as 10.8KW pulls 47.0A but then will the shower run full bore. As you Zs will now be 1667 there is no problem using a C type RCBO, though there is no reason to go and purchase a C type with a shower, B is more than adequate.

Reply to Shower 10.8kw advice please in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I work in the events industry which works under 7909. This assumes that someone qualified 7671 etc has tested the distor's and designed a system...
Replies
Views
Hi All, When I consult Table 41.3 for a Type C Breaker rated 16A I see s max Zs of 1.37 Ohms. However this value is defined for both a 0.4s AND...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 26818
D
So, when I did my 2391 I&t course I was told to use to values in table 41.3 of the regs for max ZS value for rcbo which provide earth fault, and...
Replies
Views
Doing some testing today and came across something I was hoping to get cleared up. The maz zs of a c type 16amp 61009 is 1.44 ohms on table...
Replies
Views
Engineer54
E
Hello everyone, I know this has come upquite often, I have gone back through the many threads relating tothis topic. The reason for wanting to...
Replies
Views
GEOFF S
G

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock