Discuss shower loads in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

oldtimer

Got a job this morning having to change a shower switch job was only 3 years old and the 40A switch was u/s so I changed it for a 50A rated switch that was ok but the problem was trying to get the 10mm cables terminated and the faceplate pushed back to the wall. Me thinks that because showers are getting bigger we should be fitting bigger boxes and switches in ie like the old cooker switches from years ago at least we could safely terminate the cable without pushing them out the box. Any comments or am I just having a moan.

It's been suggested on the forum many times, that the only real solution to terminating 10mm cables is the 50A Crabtree pull switch that also disconnects the indication lamp when the face plate is removed!! Ideal when undertaking testing procedures on the Shower circuit...

Hi there. To some peoplle it may be a moan you are having but I call it a constructive comment. Its just a pity they dont make Surface Metalclad 63amp Isolators more decorative as they have good terminals and plenty of room for cable.

Hi there. To some peoplle it may be a moan you are having but I call it a constructive comment. Its just a pity they dont make Surface Metalclad 63amp Isolators more decorative as they have good terminals and plenty of room for cable.

You could make them as decorative as you like, they would still be a visual eye sore in most bathroom situations that i've ever seen. Hence why householders want ceiling pull switches or flush wall fittings....

what i fail to understand is the modern fad for showers over 8kW. turn it on, hot water comes out of the spout, no matter if it's 8kW or 10.5kW, you still get wet and warm. if a person is dirty enough to need the extra force of the water from a 10.5kW shower ( and it's only a minimal increase, depending on the water pressure), then a karcher power wash is less than 1kW.

our shower has not been used since i installed the orgasmic jaccuzzi bath........................

Yep but think about Christmas day Mums got the turkey going the daughter is blowdrying her hair with her tongs on stanby the son decides to make everybody a cup of tea and Mum has just put the iron on to get her top sorted out and Dad well he is going to have a long shower as he just got it put in and nobody is going to stop him from getting a super dooper shower then................................................................ everything goes off and nobody has the phone number for the DNO to come out as the 80 amp fuse has popped

Reply to shower loads in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net