Discuss Small panels in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
South facing roof with 3 dormers. Space between dormer ridges and main ridge is 1.75m.

Can get more square meterage in if I can get some short panels along the top in portrait orientation. Sharp NU-185 (or 180) are only 1.318m tall, so they would work. Anyone aware of any other panel of this physical size, preferably with a higher wattage.

Roof width is 13m, so 12 x 185 = 2.22kWp to beat!

Not aware of any other panels this small, have you got a plan? all im thinking is about how it will look from the ground (aesthetics)

Haven't got a plan that I can share at the moment.

Roof is 13m wide, dormers are approxiamately at 25%, 50% and 75% points on that 13m span. Distance between dormer pitch and main pitch is 1.75m. Thinking of 12 panels in portrait orientation across the top of the dormers in one row.

Ridge to eaves is 3.6m.

Unsure what panels we are using at the moment, but im currently surveying PV and the panel size values i have to work with are 1.6m x 9.9m, ill try find out

Romag offer a 190W panel the same size as the Sharp, and Yimgli's is 185W

We are just doing a project with 8 x Sharp 185's below the dormer and 7 x 260W Generic panels (1.680 x 1.067m) above the dormer

Customer vey happy with solution as it has optimised the capacity on their roof at a cost effective price. Roof only 8 m swide (terrace so edges not a problem) due South facing with a chimney at the common wall, so can get 8 x Sharp 185's on the bottom and 7 x 260W along the top = 3.3kWp

Interestingly we have to register it as two installs on the MCS database, as the system can't cope with 2 panels with different MCS approvals!

The two registrations is a bit of a pain, it works though.

(Power-One PVI-3.0 becasue of it's two MPP trackers, at 45degrees, PV*Sol gave a better output than with the 3.6)

The Winaico Blackline Series are 1347mm high and look quite good aesthetically, black frames and backing sheet. They do up to 195 but the higher end can be hard to get hold of.

South facing roof with 3 dormers. Space between dormer ridges and main ridge is 1.75m.

Can get more square meterage in if I can get some short panels along the top in portrait orientation. Sharp NU-185 (or 180) are only 1.318m tall, so they would work. Anyone aware of any other panel of this physical size, preferably with a higher wattage.

Roof width is 13m, so 12 x 185 = 2.22kWp to beat!

What is the roofing material? There are replacement tile and slate choices available from Solar Century. Not as cheap etc but maybe worth considering. Solar Products - Solar Tiles - Solar Slates - Solar Panels - Solar Century

Reply to Small panels in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net