Discuss Solaredge - Waste of Money in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Not surprised to see people on here starting to moan about Solar edge failures.

There is a company is Wales, we know, who have had over 120 optimiser units fail so far. (Out of 2000 or so installed)

Most are green on the inside when you take them apart which suggests some form of water ingress. They are only IP65.

We have over 110 Enphase microinverter systems and have had only ONE inverter issue and that`s because a squirrel ate through the cable, which is hardly the manufacturers fault. Thats 110 systems say 10 micros on average so 1100, issue free.

No news here .............You get what you pay for

We have installed over 250 solar edge installations, had 2 failures on the optimizer front and 1 duff inverter both replaced within a week. The support and back up along with the training side of solar edge is in my opinion the very best. I called the service engineer on a sunday and he even had a look into a high grid voltage issue we had and fixed it via the internet connection. A lot of installers will not be connecting these systems to the internet, we have all of ours connected up and it enables us to see what fault codes are present if any and if optimizers or panels are having issues. To be honest anyone can slag a product its very easy and all products will have faults and issues. Everyone has there chosen products.

SO NO NEWS HERE EITHER, YOU DO GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Hi All,

Thanks for all your remarks. I have contacted the installers this morning and they are going to contact SolarEdge so they can do a remote investigation first.

Before any scaffolding goes up etc. Last time it was thought the inverter was at fault and it was swapped out to no avail.

With only 9V DC showing on the LCD panel my money is on a faulty optimiser or two. When I re-paired the optimisers on Saturday all panels worked and generation was the same from every one. So there was no clue there. But on Sunday the re-pair trick failed and I have had no generation since. Most panels show about 5W, but panels 2, 9, 10 and 13 show 0W but I am not sure this means a lot.

Lets see what SolarEdge can find with their remote investigation. I have a Cat5E network around the house and had installed a socket in the loft prior to the install so the inverter has always been connected so a full history should be available.

Regards, Trader9.

This sounds like a possible optimizer issue, also could be the communication board inside the inverter, The only faulty inverter we have had out of 250 was the communication board which was replaced.

I am sure the guys at solar edge will assist you, is your installer not available to assist you on this?

Reply to Solaredge - Waste of Money in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net