Discuss Sunny Design - What is optimal Nominal Power Ratio? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cookiemonster

I'm getting confused - can anyone clarify what is the most desirable Nominal Power Ratio? In both versions of Sunny Design it say in inverter compatibility that the ration should be in the range of 80% to 120% but what is most desirable? Are we looking to get as close to 100% as possible or as close to 120% as possible and why? TIA

I cannot give you a detailed technical answer off the top of my head, but Sunny Design 2 colour codes it with the strongest green being at 90%
Regards
Bruce
Capture.JPG

cheers Bruce. I spoke to SMA technical guys and they reckon for British climate 95% is best to aim for NOT the greenest on the image you attached. According to the chap I spoke to the greenest applies to somewhere else but not the UK curiously enough.

hi, can some body tell me that how the sunny design calculate the " annual energy yield " & " performance ratio" & " typical pv voltage" ?
thank you every body,

Reply to Sunny Design - What is optimal Nominal Power Ratio? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

A bit of a mini essay but these questions have been building up in my mind over the last weeks and months as I've been studying and volunteering...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in Mexico, where I have a small, un-official trailer park on my property. The property is serviced by my privately owned, 650amp...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. I tried installing a dimmer to a 3-way circuit. The dimmer has a hard...
Replies
Views
About 15 years ago, after having had a modern consumer unit fitted, and prompted by our electrician, I asked my then energy supplier (Tonik) if...
Replies
Views
Hello all of you lovely electric-minded folks, I've read a few threads in the forums but none have explained what I'm looking to find out -...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock