Discuss Testing Hand dryers prior to purchase in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

There are quite a few places that do PAT testing (or ISITEE to give it is correct title these days) at fairly reasonable prices, far cheaper than you could do yourself unless you plan on doing a lot per year. If you have a batch of a few to be tested it would be cheaper as a lot.

You probably could and should do a basic "does it seem to work?" test first to rule out ones that are not functional, but the cost of a tester, course, and insurance to cover your posterior for anything that might go wrong, makes it not worth doing yourself unless you are doing, say, a hundred per year or more.

Of course, if you do have need for many items or other electrical stuff being tested then you might find it cheaper to go on a 1-2 day course, buy a tester and get basic insurance for it.

Very good advice there @pc1966
I may have misunderstood the op initially, as I thought the dryers came with a cable connected, but no plug.
I use that connector block for ISITEE, and have a cable and 13A plug connected, with an extension lead terminated with Wagos to allow testing of hard-wired heaters etc. Thus, it can provide mains voltage to items to run them, or plugged into a PAT machine for ISITEE testing.
It's versatile , but you need to work correctly...
I agree that it may be better to farm-out the testing, or do a proper course, buy a tester, and learn how and why.

Reply to Testing Hand dryers prior to purchase in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys I am wiring Some toilets in an office building and I have the dyson airblade where the cable comes back of the unit. Is it acceptable...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. The title should sound crazy enough, but it's what happening in my 72-years old home we've purchased 2 years ago. I found the crazy...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have an all-in-one washer/dryer unit and it is giving me error codes. I have the manual that describes how to test the various...
Replies
Views
Friend of mines dryer machine has stopped working, 2 days out of warranty. I am trying to help theme out as money is tight for them however, I'm...
Replies
Views
I'm a DIY'er helping a friend connect a 220v dryer to a 50 amp RV outlet. The dryer has a Nema 10-30R plug and is in a shed about 4 feet from the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock