Discuss VERY quiet ceiling mounted (min IP X4) bathroom fan recommendations? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Given the chance I always use a "Push pull " set up.2 x
fans , one pulling in and one extracting . Really works well in steamy bathrooms .Ok a bit noisy , but most of the time people are in a shower or making some noise themselves etc ..

Definitely need to keep doors open when no one's in the rooms. One consideration that didn't occur to me was the fact that humidistat fans run as much in a few months as standard fans do in years - doesn't seem to trouble the fans I bought, but notice how quickly dust/hairspray (or whatever the other half sprays) builds up.

The push pull idea sounds okay if there's no window to open, but I can see humidistat fans running non-stop when outside humidity is high - maybe a heat recovery unit might work well in those situations?

Will do and @HappyHippyDad should soon have something to report about the Airflow Quietair 😃
Just rereading this thread. My customer has only just got around to needing/wanting the work done, so I am back researching fans. I'll update with whichever one I buy.

Given the chance I always use a "Push pull " set up.2 x
fans , one pulling in and one extracting . Really works well in steamy bathrooms .Ok a bit noisy , but most of the time people are in a shower or making some noise themselves etc ..
I've never once come across anything like this in a domestic bathroom. Is it something you'd install often?

I've never once come across anything like this in a domestic bathroom. Is it something you'd install often?
Yes ! Given the opportunity .It gives a much better air exchange . The secret is to draw in the air from within the property so its not cold !

Never had a noise problem with in line fans. Five out of the six fans in the holiday cottages are 'ordinary' 100mm in line types of two or three different makes, and all are so silent that it is difficult to be sure they're working, without either listening carefully or the toilet tissue test.

Reply to VERY quiet ceiling mounted (min IP X4) bathroom fan recommendations? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net