Discuss VPhase vx1 unit in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

njhelec

Basicaly............. I am installing a vphase unit and after consulting with their technical i have been told that the unit cannot be fitted in line with any kind of heater e.g cooker, immersion heater, shower, etc etc......... so basically anything that uses the most electricity in a property!!!

As these units only allow a controlled 220v through to appliances and lights instead of a 230-240v do these units really save that much money???

Also if any body has any more input on this matter please feel free to add.............

Thanks NJH

Look up ALL the Vphase threads on this forum to date, and you will see that there is no-one here, that has any time for these expensive to buy, and expensive to fit heap of rubbish!!!

These type of units are not suitable for domestic use.the savings are minute.
I use to install a similar unit in an industrial application.It was a large factory with over 1500
6foot double flourescent fittings,the unit would allow the fittings to start on full voltage,
then drop the volts to 210 with a very small drop in light but a large drop in current.
The factory was 24/7 so the savings were ÂŁ1000"s.

Brilliant just as i was thinking........... just wanted to no i wasn't the only person thinking this!!! :)

incidentally I have already spoken with the relevant wholesaler and have already arranged for them to take it back with a full refund!!!

Thanks for the input though guys much appreciated!!! :)

Had to look these up awhile back,

The V phase website is pretty good tbh with the instructions and spec sheets easily available.

The 2 main reasons you cant put them on large loads

1 - The unit only works upto 8-16A then goes into override and doesn't step down to 220v, so no savings if you pass too much through it.

2 - Thermostat controlled loads wont get any savings, cos it takes a certain amount of energy to say for example heat 1kg of water so even at 220v it gonna take the same energy just take a longer time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to VPhase vx1 unit in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net