• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss What type of circuit breakers can I add to my panel? in the American Professional Electrical Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi everyone - I appreciate your time/opinion on this:

I'm lucky enough to have a 200 amp electrical panel with a lot of open spots for new circuits/circuit breakers. I have an unfinished area in the basement that I'm wanting to make into my shop and it currently doesn't have any outlets. I wanted to run a couple 20 amp circuits in there for my power tools. I was going to simply buy the same exact type of circuit breakers currently in the box (the rest of the project I know how to do).

The house was built in 2000 and hte circuit breakers currently in the box are "Challenger" brand which are no longer made. I've been trying to figure out what type of circuit breaker I could safely put into one of the open slots on my electrical panel. Any expertise/help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

Megawatt

-
Arms
Advent Win

I'm lucky enough to have a 200 amp electrical panel with a lot of open spots for new circuits/circuit breakers. I have an unfinished area in the basement that I'm wanting to make into my shop and it currently doesn't have any outlets. I wanted to run a couple 20 amp circuits in there for my power tools. I was going to simply buy the same exact type of circuit breakers currently in the box (the rest of the project I know how to do).

The house was built in 2000 and hte circuit breakers currently in the box are "Challenger" brand which are no longer made. I've been trying to figure out what type of circuit breaker I could safely put into one of the open slots on my electrical panel. Any expertise/help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!
Web look at that sticker inside the panel door and it should have replacement breakers wrote in there. Good luck
Post automatically merged:

Thanks!
I’m pretty sure GE THQP breakers will fit

davesparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
It looks like the brand is owned by Eaton, so if you give them a call they may be able to advise you on what fits.

Reply to What type of circuit breakers can I add to my panel? in the American Professional Electrical Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom