Discuss What would you have charged ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Even ten years ago I would have been at the higher end of the quoted costs i.e. £5000 plus materials and then according to where the project was located possibly milage and tunnel fees on top, that's the Dartford Tunnel not Channel Tunnel.

Even ten years ago I would have been at the higher end of the quoted costs i.e. £5000 plus materials and then according to where the project was located possibly milage and tunnel fees on top, that's the Dartford Tunnel not Channel Tunnel.

Amazing isn't it ? Round here we are getting ----pots offering rewires from £2k. The word chancer doesn't even begin to describe it.

Amazing isn't it ? Round here we are getting ----pots offering rewires from £2k. The word chancer doesn't even begin to describe it.
Ive never understood how anyone can do rewire a for 2K. A post where I guy did a solo rewire took him 7 days charged 1850 supply and fit. I’ve seen posts where guys have said 2 of them have bashed a rewire out on a long weekend. Either BS, rough or I’m just plain slow. (Admittedly I’m not the quickest, I work hard/don’t really stop but like to do the best job I can )

it’s been interesting to see your thoughts, and the varying prices/approaches thanks for the feedback. Sounds like I can up the day rate and still not be above “the going rate”

Ive never understood how anyone can do rewire a for 2K. A post where I guy did a solo rewire took him 7 days charged 1850 supply and fit. I’ve seen posts where guys have said 2 of them have bashed a rewire out on a long weekend. Either BS, rough or I’m just plain slow. (Admittedly I’m not the quickest, I work hard/don’t really stop but like to do the best job I can )

it’s been interesting to see your thoughts, and the varying prices/approaches thanks for the feedback. Sounds like I can up the day rate and still not be above “the going rate”

Lol, £1850 over 7 days must be less than £150/day after materials. Some might find that attractive if they are claiming benefits and it's all cash in the pocket no tax paid.

I can see how 2 guys could knock out a rewire over a long weekend if it was basic spec, a void property stripped right out, long days worked, and really went for it. You'd want a good payday for that though.

Lol, £1850 over 7 days must be less than £150/day after materials. Some might find that attractive if they are claiming benefits and it's all cash in the pocket no tax paid.

I can see how 2 guys could knock out a rewire over a long weekend if it was basic spec, a void property stripped right out, long days worked, and really went for it. You'd want a good payday for that though.
Yes if you put it like that but there’s not many jobs like that too often !

Never been 'Sent to Coventry' so unsure of the rates there but in south east are sure to be higher. (typ £6.5k - £7k depending upon spec.) and higher still in London.

I guess two folk is going to be more than double speed as some jobs are so much easier if you have help feeding cables through, flicking switched while measuring stuff, etc.

But you are still looking at about a 5 days of equivalent work. Funny how often folk baulk at the bill but will pay £100/hour for car servicing without question!

I guess two folk is going to be more than double speed as some jobs are so much easier if you have help feeding cables through, flicking switched while measuring stuff, etc.

But you are still looking at about a 5 days of equivalent work. Funny how often folk baulk at the bill but will pay £100/hour for car servicing without question!
Too true. Or pay a plumber 500 + To swap a boiler in half a day

Reply to What would you have charged ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net