Discuss Big quote!!!!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Every business is different, and there is no system on the market which can caterer for every subject.....its takes time to setup but once done will save valuable time...excel is quite simple ..list materials you use in sections per sheet, eg, cable one sheet, consumer units and rcds etc on another sheet etc. each section you can enter cost, quantity and time....once finished your end quoting sheet will display cost, material markup, man hours and labour markup, giving you the overall view of the project, the sheets per section will prevent you from missing vital equipment such as containment....takes time to setup, but becomes just enter quantities when finished.

75 points for £4953 so about £66 per point

Sounds a bit high to me!

agreed and the customer is supplying some bits as well.

Well, it's looking like it is too high then.

I shall revise and also wait to see what my friend says.

I think the other quote for £6000 is throwing me a little!

I dont think you can just look at it as £66 per/point though Murdoch. That would mean the 3 extractor fans getting fitted for £198 which would be a bit cheap I think.

I shall sit down with my ale and go through it in greater detail.

This is basic domestic work and one man band rates imo so you price it to win the job if want it.

Working at a price per point is a good guide, but I look at the bigger picture and know what I can do in a day and that's the best bet imo

Thanks for taking the time to look at though guys and offer your thoughts..

Every business is different, and there is no system on the market which can caterer for every subject.....its takes time to setup but once done will save valuable time...excel is quite simple ..list materials you use in sections per sheet, eg, cable one sheet, consumer units and rcds etc on another sheet etc. each section you can enter cost, quantity and time....once finished your end quoting sheet will display cost, material markup, man hours and labour markup, giving you the overall view of the project, the sheets per section will prevent you from missing vital equipment such as containment....takes time to setup, but becomes just enter quantities when finished.
This is something I really need to get round to doing!! Very difficult finding time just now though between too much work and family life!!

Well I can`t post excel files on the forum, but willing to send a cost sheet template for anyone whos interested, its mainly for fire alarms, but nothing stopping you adapting it to anything you wish....just fill out the blanks...and maybe any feed back would help others

HHD, It sounds a lot of work but the price just seems a bit high to me, then again I tend not to do big jobs like this as I normally get sick of them and wish I'd not started it.

Reply to Big quote!!!!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net