Discuss What's the name of these tiles and recommend a hook roof and rail system please? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

GaryM

Can anybody name these tiles and possibly recommend a roof hook and rail system please?
I'm looking to carry out a first install on my house - great timing but better late than never?

tile01.jpg

tile02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure you get a pantile hook that will sit low enough.

Looking at a pantile hook, I take it these will sit better on a 4x2 batten fixed between the rafters, rafters being 6x2 and spaced 400mm apart and whole roof being 3 years old?
Or by design, are they supposed to be adjustable by position on a rafter?

Thanks again. I just don't want to get the order wrong considering the lack of time I have.
It's a shame I'll lack the luxury of choosing the panel I want with regards to price and output though :(

Reply to What's the name of these tiles and recommend a hook roof and rail system please? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

My best mate has been medically retired from the prison service at the young age of 52 and has time on his hands :D He's looking at a 'plug in'...
Replies
Views
Now Ive done Periodic Inspection and Initial Virification Qualifications with LCL/EAL (so non C&G 2394/95) # strange part building Modules , this...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got an awkward bathroom fan installation in a downstairs flat, concrete ceilings and (some) walls. Bathroom is already fully tiled and...
Replies
Views
Hi guys/gals Directing this question at you that have transitioned already from sparky to pv insatller. I have my first pv install after getting...
Replies
Views
We have a room in the house that was the kitchen. That has been relocated to a different area, so the old kitchen has been sold off and the room...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock