• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Why are most insulated grips red / yellow or orange in colour ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dustydazzler

Regular EF Member
CK
Wiha
Wera
Draper
Stanley

all mostly red and yellow

Bahco
Irazola
Klein

all mostly a funny orange colour

why not grey , green or blue or even black ??

ipf

Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
DIY
Bleedin' 'ell!…...why not fit 'em with a tracking device and beeper?

Pete999

Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
I am actually quite surprised nobody has made a set of vde tools in say dayglo yellow , much easier to spot if you drop in a void or under floor boards....
Not sure if they are VDE but Klein Tools do a glow in the dark range of hand tools, I have the f;ash light that has a glow in the dark bezel

Last edited:
Reactions: DPG

Andy78

Respected Member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
CK do some glowing vde drivers I think.

Does vde certification have any specifications regarding colour ?

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.