Discuss Wireless alarm system in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Cj24

Hi, I have been asked to install a wireless alarm system yet I have never fitted one before, and was wondering if anyone had or could give me a few pointers, it is a 6 zone system and with it you get a solar siren which sits externally to your house, a control panel, 2 remote controls, 4 PIR movement detectors and 2 magnetic contact detectors, the customer wants his house and also a separate out building alarming, without having the instructions at the mo I'm assuming the control panel just requires powering via a 13amp socket then does anyone know about on weather a telephone connection is required and also is it a case of basically just fixing the PIR's and door contractors in the required places then setting it all up at the control panel? And as for the external siren that's surely just mounting outside and is powered via the solar strip on top, any info would be grateful thank you

Most are easy peasy to install however range can be a problem in large properties, not sure about solar powered alarm boxes though, it will not have a telephone connection for red care but an app for his iphone might be available

Last edited by a moderator:
Ssounds like the Friedland Response alarm you are describing. (My parents have one, which I helped fit)
It does seem to have the option to text message alerts to your mobiles or call you if you plug it in to the phone line, but it doesn't NEED to do this if you wish not to have the facility.

The outdoor sirens have an internal Lead-acid battery within them AND a solar strip, so that it can charge the battery.

If it IS this alarm make/model then yes, the control panel will indeed just plug in to a socket.

Si

They are so simple to install,however if you are anything like me, too ancient to get further than central heating programmers

I had my non electrical son to programme the contraption,his natural ability as per the youngsters of today,he pushed buttons like playing the piano and away to go

Hi, yes mr si it is the friedland response alarm, so basically I just need to mount the control panel and plug it and then fit the solar siren outside high up then it's a case of just fitting the PIR detectors where required and magnetic contact detectors where required then it's just a case of setting up at the control panel?? Do I have to programme each sensor etc to a certain zone? And will it be effective on the out building as well as the house

be a good idea to see if you can download the manual from friedland. usually, you have to instruct the panel to accept each detector. i have no specific knowledge of friedland response as i excusively use guardtec wireless alarm systems.

Thank you for your replys, iv read that you have different zones as in close by sensors are zone 1 and slightly further away are zone 2 etc but then it mentions you have to set little switches inside by just flicking over certain switches 1-8, which switches do you actually flick over, I know it's up to the user but the switches you flick represent the actual key code to activate/deactivate the alarm or do these switches represent the zones you've decided on, sorry if don't make sense

Reply to Wireless alarm system in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net