Discuss WOW! Grandads got a magic finger in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Guest111

My grandkids came round last weekend,the little girl is 5 and the lads 7,anyway they're both pretty good but have been on holiday with one of the inlaws and came back a bit lippy.Now the thing is they both think I,m great,anything breaks and it's "take it to grandad",They love coming over and the lad loves to get his hands on any tools he can persuade me to let him have a go with.The grandaughter is a real laugh too and one day she spotted one of my guns and asked what it was for,so I explained that I go to the farm and shoot,she knows about my work with the dog handling and somehow the 2 things became crossed and one day at school they were discussing what people did for a job and she proudly announced " My grandad takes bad people to the farm and shoots them".That took a bit of explaining believe me.Anyway back to the story,the little lads been giving me a bit of backchat and the usual telling off isn't going to work so here we go.I tell him that I have a poisonous finger and if he carries on he's going to be prodded with it.Naturally he's a bit sceptical of this and asks for a demo,I go into the kitchen and place a grain of tracer dye under my fingernail,I pour a glass of water and head back into the lounge,sitting down I take a drink of the water before dipping my finger into it.The water immediately turns bright flourescent green and both kids gasp in amazement! Grandaughter turns to her brother "see,you shouldn't be naughty you know grandad has special powers". once again peace and normality are restored,Result.

Lovely,mate,keep those kids enthralled...but i hope no-one from operation "yewtree" reads the post title...:pirate:

I remember even now being amazed at things my grandad did when I was little,sadly he died when I was 11,but I still have lots of fond memories of things we did and things he showed me.Hopefully my grandkids will feel the same way.I bought them both bikes last christmas and the little lad was still using his old one in February,I asked him why and he said the new one was a little bit big and he was scared of it.I said if he didn't start using it I'd have a word with Santa and he may not get anything this year,a week later he was riding it like a good un,Apparently he'd told his mum what I had said and decided he'd better have a go, "after all mum grandad knows a lot of people, and I don't want to miss out next christmas".
Kids don't you just love them.lol

My grandkids came round last weekend,the little girl is 5 and the lads 7,anyway they're both pretty good but have been on holiday with one of the inlaws and came back a bit lippy.Now the thing is they both think I,m great,anything breaks and it's "take it to grandad",They love coming over and the lad loves to get his hands on any tools he can persuade me to let him have a go with.The grandaughter is a real laugh too and one day she spotted one of my guns and asked what it was for,so I explained that I go to the farm and shoot,she knows about my work with the dog handling and somehow the 2 things became crossed and one day at school they were discussing what people did for a job and she proudly announced " My grandad takes bad people to the farm and shoots them".That took a bit of explaining believe me.Anyway back to the story,the little lads been giving me a bit of backchat and the usual telling off isn't going to work so here we go.I tell him that I have a poisonous finger and if he carries on he's going to be prodded with it.Naturally he's a bit sceptical of this and asks for a demo,I go into the kitchen and place a grain of tracer dye under my fingernail,I pour a glass of water and head back into the lounge,sitting down I take a drink of the water before dipping my finger into it.The water immediately turns bright flourescent green and both kids gasp in amazement! Grandaughter turns to her brother "see,you shouldn't be naughty you know grandad has special powers". once again peace and normality are restored,Result.
Excellent. I need this tracer dye!
So far, mine are convinced I take grumpy pills.

Reply to WOW! Grandads got a magic finger in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net