Discuss 1 day re-wire.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well that was a decent read….

Fascinating listen back to all the critics with no clue…

The electrical industry is full of negativity and criticism, usually from the same folk who complain there is “no money in the trade”.

I’ve experienced it from day one in business.

Usually from the same few folk who complain improvers are taking their jobs, or painters make more money.

Time to look inwards.

Things are going well now for HomeRewire, we do around 8-12 private rewires most weeks, and have several teams….

Yes I lost a business aged 29 with 40 staff, mostly down to late payers and being too young.

It was probably the best thing to happen to me in all honesty, and the making of where we are today…

Thanks for your hearsay and gossip, it gave me a good laugh today.

Happy Sparking ?

Jamie - HomeRewire

ps. Admin we have already asked POLITELY for this post to be removed as it’s mostly factually incorrect and damaging to my business…

You responded by banning me from the page?

Let me know how you want to do this please
I WOULDNT worry about this as your HUNDREDS of 5 star reviews from real customers speaks for its self .

I thought I’d replied to this way back…

Quickest rewire I was involved in was 4 hours.

We were doing council houses, all conduit. A few extras here and there… very little mess.

A private house in the street wanted done too. Same type of house. No extras.
4 guys, 4 hours, £400 each.

I thought I’d replied to this way back…

Quickest rewire I was involved in was 4 hours.

We were doing council houses, all conduit. A few extras here and there… very little mess.

A private house in the street wanted done too. Same type of house. No extras.
4 guys, 4 hours, £400 each.
I remember as an apprentice helping with a Sunday Re-wire of a doctors surgery it was a massive old Victorian building chopped up into various rooms / reception / offices etc over about 4 floors.
We had a gang of about 11-12 sparks / mates ( 2 or 3 guys on each floor ) on a Sunday re-wire the entire place , power , lights , fire and smoke , data the whole lot in about 14 hours. some chased in but mainly in surface trunking. new boards , all tested , job done

Yeh, I should have mentioned I was apprentice at the time, so late 80’s.
The job was cash in hand and all the materials were squirrelled from the main job

Don’t tell anyone, though.

Yeh, I should have mentioned I was apprentice at the time, so late 80’s.
The job was cash in hand and all the materials were squirrelled from the main job

Don’t tell anyone, though.
I came in to the trade mid 1990s so limited jobs on the council, I did do some local authority work as a 1st and 2nd year.
I certainly do remember working who older guys who made a decent 2nd living off the back or working for the councils , private weekend jobs using 'left over materials'
They would even get the council plasters and painters involved to pop round and make good etc
The good old days

The old guy running the job was well known for pilfering. They tried making him foreman to curtail his light fingered-ness… didn’t work…. The storeman had a nervous breakdown trying to hide what was being taken.

In the end, he left and started out on his own… taking half the customers with him.

One Christmas, before it all kicked off, there was an impromptu rendition of “I am the music man” in the pub and much hilarity ensued when he started singing “and I am on the fiddle…”

Reply to 1 day re-wire.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net