Discuss Bathroom zones with a ceiling shower head in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Okay so is it the case that only zone 1 work would have notifiable anyway and what is changing on 6th April is the need for a Part P reg competent person to carry out the work in the bathroom?

So if that's the case, there would be no need to notify outside of Zone 1 and no need to use a Part P either to carry out the work or third-party certify it unless it required a new circuit?

Mate, ring your LABC and see what they say.

This is a forum for sparkies, not a forum for giving DIY advice.

No, the special location is limited to the zones.
That's zones 0, 1 and 2.
If any of the work is within any of the zones, then it is notifiable.

Whether a Part P registered person conducts the work, is as has always been the case, your choice.
The height of both zone 1 and zone 2 is defined by the height of the shower head, or 2.25m from finished floor level, whichever being the highest.

Yes it is to be the case, that a third party will be allowed to certify the work.
Unfortunately, as yet no decision has been made on how such a proceedure will work.
Untill something has been worked out the third part certification scheme is a non-starter.

You say you want to do the job properly so just put lights in rated ip44 or higher. But for the love of god make sure you only have a 3amp circuit feeding your fan.

You say you want to do the job properly so just put lights in rated ip44 or higher. But for the love of god make sure you only have a 3amp circuit feeding your fan.

Fan would be inline & fixed to wall in the loft. Still need a 3amp fuse? Only electrical part that is accessible is the lamp which is 12v led.

Reply to Bathroom zones with a ceiling shower head in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net