Discuss Baumatic oven BO625-ss doesn't start even after setting the clock in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Char

Hello

My friend has got a Baumatic oven, which I broke couple days ago.
I wanted to change the time on clock, but the buttons didn't react at all, so I've unplugged the oven from power source. After switching on, buttons still hasn't been working as well as anything else (oven doesn't start, if clock is not set). Good job

I've unscrewed the top of oven, and cleaned the timer button connectors using white spirit, so that they worked again, but oven (light, ventilators and heater) doesn't seem to react after switching function knob (temperature was set to max and I could hear thermostat switching).

I saw also that on timer there is a relay that connects 230V with function switch. Is this relay supposed to be closed after time is set? Can I plug the relay's input output and together for testing purposes? And how to diagnose the problem, or make sure it's clock related?

Charlie

I've called to Baumatic and they sent me connection plan with no problems at all (TEL 0118 933 6900 TEL 0118 933 6911 TEL 0118 933 6922 - I think they changed the numbers, but if you call one of those, the machine will tell you the correct number)

The faulty part was relay on the clock, that supposed to close himself when timer is set to manual mode.
Either the relay was bad, or clock didn't send the signal to close it. Either way, using electric cube, I've closed IN and OUT of the relay, simulating manual mode all the time. Automatic functions (setting alarms on timer etc.) didn't work anymore, but this happened to be acceptable.

Problem solved and cost £0.60

Reply to Baumatic oven BO625-ss doesn't start even after setting the clock in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Greetings Problem in general: my (biomass) furnace needs the thermostat to be set to start up, but, once going, it doesn't shut off when the set...
Replies
Views
Hello! I’m looking to solve a problem that’s been bugging me for a few days now (and a few fuses!). So the switch broke on my bathroom pull...
Replies
Views
Eh up :) Installed a set of "Quinetic" kinetic wireless switches and receiver today, in a situation where the landing light L was fed from the...
Replies
Views
Squid
S
A
We've had an intermittent fault that trips the circuit breaker on the socket ring for quite a few months now. The ring for lights is unaffected...
Replies
Views
S
Hi all. This is a 7-year old but barely used (10 times max?) dual-fuel cooker that has started tripping the RCD when the oven is used. This is an...
Replies
Views
Scooby
S

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock