Discuss Central battery through continuous lighting system in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Have dealt with central battery systems in the past, fire rated cable that either loops in and out of the luminaire using ceramic terminal blocks or dropping out from a junction box (again with ceramic terminations/connections) down to the luminaire with standard cable as long as it is kept below 1m in length.

But looking at some of the continuous lighting systems that are on the market, tend to come in 4.5m lengths that you splice together and have a male/female connector to run the power through. You then clip in LED gear trays along the length, these are sold with CB facility but all the internal cabling is just standard PVC, connectors are plastic as is the cover capping and start of feed terminal blocks. So you could wire to the main busbar feeders in fire rated and terminate into ceramic blocks, but you are then going from the main feeder into the lighting trunking which is all non-fire rated from that point down the line.

I didn't know how this would comply with BS5266 or are they claiming that the 100m run of lighting system is one light fitting although there are multiple connectors and meters and meters of standard cable carrying the CB feed?

Anyone else come across this or ever been given an explanation on how it can be compliant?

Reply to Central battery through continuous lighting system in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could advise me on the WT Henley Series 8 house service cutout. I have one of these installed at my house and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views
Background: I am not an electrician, I am a retired professional engineer high power broadcast transmitter design , but am dabbling outside my...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, looking for a bit of advise on the installation of an outside light. I plan on chasing out the plasterboard and running a cable from a...
Replies
Views
Hello and Happy New Year. It's not starting too well for me, excuse pun. Since Friday December 16th, The 2.4l Duratorq diesel won't start...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock