Search the forum,

Discuss ceramic hob replacement in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

easytiger

my ceramic hob is broke need to replace it.Had a look around internet and most of them are not the same wiring as my broken one its fitted with 4mm t&e.these ne one are round flex do I just replace old wire with thie new one

the round flex is probably heat resistant. as long AS YOU USE 4MM, T/E OR FLEX IS ACCEPTABLE

thanks for response the 4mm t/e is wired from cooker outlet plate straight to hob on my broken hob, so I can use the heat resistant flex that manufacture recommend which is H05RR-F or higher, from outlet to install new hob hope so there will be no need for extra sockets

replace the t/e from the outlet with 4mm ho5 to the hob. bear in mind that fine stranded cable should have the ends ferruled/crimped.

replace the t/e from the outlet with 4mm ho5 to the hob. bear in mind that fine stranded cable should have the ends ferruled/crimped.

Re Ferrule /crimped: Does that now apply to flexes? I'm thinking about lets say a flex into a spur point etc.

Reply to ceramic hob replacement in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I am trying to replace an old ceiling light with a new one. My current connection has 3 wires and not sure how I should be wiring this...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I'm going to replace some sockets during a routine redecoration of our lounge including replacing some singles with doubles with USB...
Replies
Views
I've installed a ceramic hob and would like to check if I've done it correctly as I have a replacement coming tomorrow and would like to get it...
Replies
Views
I have just replaced my old double oven which was about 10 years old with a new model as whenever I used the top oven it tripped the electrics...
Replies
Views
Hello, we have just had a replacement hob through warranty, the electrician who came to fit it said it needs ho5rrf cable when we have 6mm. He...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back