Discuss Current PV Courses in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Badged01

OK you solar PV gurus out there, can anyone recommend the 'best' course to attend for being able to install/maintain PV systems? I've done a search of the internet and there seems to be very few places out there doing them now and those that do charge big £'s or aren't currently running any courses! Horror, horror as it sounds to people, the best place I've come across so far for a courseo n my searching is "tradeskills4u" doing the C&G 2399 course. I'm based around the Cardiff/Bristol area.

My interest is not doing PV in the UK and becoming MCS registered but increasing my skill set ready for "retirement" to Spain. I want to be able to install out there and have a reasonable confidence I know what I'm doing! (Although PV is PV, I know there are diff regs/rules etc .... for PV in Spain but I just feel comfortable starting off by knowing the UK way -- we are the best after all :biggrin: )

Views/advice/guidance always gratefully accepted .......

I'd get on the course at the centre for alternative technology if you can, though it's been 14 years since I was down there on courses, and the personnel have probably changed. Ecoskies were pretty good for the heat pump course recently, so would probably be a good bet as well.

These are all only pretty basic courses though.

I did the renewable energy course with CAT many years ago and looked at the CAT course for PV also as the set-up they had seemed got. Never did follow it up though and now it appears like a lot of providers that they dont run it anymore!

Is anyone in Spain still installing PV? I thought the government changes there had completely scuppered the market.

Is anyone in Spain still installing PV? I thought the government changes there had completely scuppered the market.

They have with some pretty huge fines if you get caught ---- but if in an area where there isnt access to 'electricity' then you can install

Reply to Current PV Courses in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net