Discuss Digital 2 channel super-het receiver installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello, I recenlty build a new horizontal sliding garage door. I installed the mechanism with no problem following the manual, some parts were hard but i finally managed it. So, the door i want to talk about is the second door there is at my property, so i asked at the store if it's possible to open both doors with the same controller (with different buttons of course). For this purpose they gave me an electronic device that i am supposed to patch into the PCB of the second (old) door i want to use it for.

I opened the old mechanism, here i have to mention that i was not able to find any manual about the electronics of this door, and i see two PCB that get the job done. The guy at the store told me that the device have to get power from the low voltage input and next find the input for the button (the button that comes wired to open the door) and patch the relay one there.

Opening the mechanism i faced two PCB, i can recognise the low input connector strips, but i cant tell where the input for the button i am supposed to connect the relay one is.

The best practise problably is to call an electrician, but i have taken this personally.

Below there are the photos of the pcb's and the patch device:

The device: 148830762 142175974392976 1274944499499488470 n - https://imgshare.io/image/pwXLld

1st pcb: 149247027 872714476841911 5869992516202808126 n - https://imgshare.io/image/pwXuhp

2nd pcb: 150009396 1402765316722969 492128107652904133546 n - https://imgshare.io/image/pwXGVH

The device manual:

The mechanism is an old italic aprimatic

Any help is more than welcome.
Thank you.

PCB 1 is the door controller, PCB 2 is the radio receiver / decoder. Your new receiver module replaces PCB 2. You need to identify the functions of the three or four wires in the cable between the two PCBs, to correctly connect them to the new receiver.

I can probably guess, but better than guessing, could you post a close-up picture of the 4-way terminal block (by your finger) of PCB 2, and the same area of the rear side of the PCB, so that we can see which tracks connect to the relay contacts. Is there a wire in the second terminal from the left?

Also, do you have a multimeter and experience using it to measure voltages?

This is how you wire in the new remote controller - see attached diagram. Turn off all power before touching the boards or wiring to avoid danger of shock to you and damage to the circuit boards.

You will need to programme the PIC3003 so that the contacts operate only while the button is pressed. Follow these instructions:

Programming Remote Control for contact 1 By pressing the receivers button (AUTO LEARN) once (1) the programming LED blinks once (1) every two (2) seconds. We then press the button of the remote control we want to program. When the control is stored the LED goes off.

It does not matter which way around you connect the 24V dc supply to the PIC3003. But you must ensure the wiring is as I have circled in yellow.

The far left NC contact 1 will now close and open every time you press press the button on the remote control creating an impulse signal (off-on-off). Since the A82M gate controller has been set up to operate in Semi-Automatic (SA) mode - SW1 S1 OFF on A82M board - it will respond to these impulses as detailed in the instruction manual under 'OPERATING LOGICS'.

Your new PIC3003 unit replaces the Sommer T-101/2 on the second door.

Here is the instruction manual for the gate motor controller:

https://www.evicom.fr/image_client/automatisme/pdf/NO-AP-30688-A82M.pdf

Attachments

• ELECTRIC GATES.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 7
  • electricgateswires.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
The brown, blue and green/yellow wires in my second attachment earlier refer to the 3 core cable as currently connected between the two pcbs which is a low voltage signal connection.

Reply to Digital 2 channel super-het receiver installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net