Discuss Dimplex DuoHeat 300i in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi there folks,

I wonder if any of you have been involved in fixing any of these items ?.

I would like to know more about the linkage between the PCB's as Dimplex say you need to change both PCB's ( Power & Controller )

if one is at fault ?.

These items are costly and it's nice to try and fix things if possible. Cheers.

Hi Rugby ... yeah, I fixed one of these last year actually. The unit was just failing to come on and I seem to remember that I changed the Controller only and not both. It worked fine afterwards and is still working now.

I believe that both items are available separately and I wonder therefore why Dimplex would suggest that they need to be changed as a pair?

If the heaters are a few years old you will likely need to replace the PCB supports too, as they go brittle and break when removing the PCBs. We also only replace the part that is faulty, as the parts are expensive.

A capillary stat and an alloy thermal link are much more reliable, bloody electronics.

... the annoying aspect of this was that the spares need to be ordered and I was worried that if I ordered a PCB and it didn't solve the issue then I'd need to order another part afterwards (= further delay and further cost). As freddo says the Dimplex parts aren't cheap.

I didn't have an issue with the PCB supports but then I think the heaters were only 3-4 years old.

I seem to remember one of the PCBs is very simple and easy to test, if that one is good, it only really leaves the other one.

Thanks for the replies folks, They (PCB's) appear to use 5 volt links so some can be tested ?. The Unit appears to work, ie indications/lights/LED etc but background heat Econ 7 side not. Elements OK so looks like PCB Power Enable or PCB Controller. Have spares possibly as customer has another heater not used, will reply with fix, I hope. Thanks.

Hi there folks,
Customer had another unit not used. So changed controller PCB which is the indicator PCB as well on top of unit.
This PCB gets very hot due to it's position and uses a Pic micro. This baby was dead !. Changed and all is well.
Please note the first PCB is power, this gives out the 5v and can damage the PCB controller which is why Dimplex recommend changing both.
I would not bother trying to fix these items unless customer had a spare unit, they have made them too complicated and costly. Thanks for all info.

Reply to Dimplex DuoHeat 300i in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net