Discuss DNO ENA Application Form in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

If I am installing a 9kw on a three phase supply and I split the install 3,3,3 then am i correct in saying I need to fill in a G83-1/1 application form? Also does the DNO need informing prior to the installation or can I Install and notify within 28 days?

ok great... to my understanding I thought if for example you were doing two houses on one street, then you need to inform the DNO, hence in this case with 1 building 3 phase and each one has 3kwp per phase, you would need to apply the same rules.

Thanks Bruce,

This building has 2 supplies. We are going to use 1 Inverter on each supply. Would the Single G83 connection still be valid?

No I am wrong by the look of it. I saw the post about 3/3/3, which adds up to 9, without noticing your original post said 17kW, or realising you had two inverters. You are right I think that you are in Stage 2 territory rather than Stage 1.
Regards
Bruce

Thanks Bruce,

This building has 2 supplies. We are going to use 1 Inverter on each supply. Would the Single G83 connection still be valid?

so your putting 8.5kw per Mpan? but splitting it between 3 x 1ph inverters on a 3ph supply? Am i reading that right?

Have you thought of Kostal 3ph 4.2/5.5/8.4/10.1 3ph Inverters with 3 mpp on each of the sizes? Just one inverters on each install then or Power-one's 3ph 8kw is out soon or SMA 8kw tripower I think is out now?

If its two supplies on the same property but on separate Mpan's they may want G59

Last edited:

Reply to DNO ENA Application Form in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net