uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss EICR - Code 1 or 2 - for unenclosed conductors in choc-blocs? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all,

I've got a couple of examples of this;

IMG_1675.JPG

on a domestic EICR.

I'm on the fence with the coding - C1 or C2. There is no copper showing on the live parts - but I wouldn't like to grab it.

I just want to be consistent with this - I mean if it was just bare conductors twisted together then definitely C1 - but if in a choc-bloc?

I'd be interested to know how others would code it.

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Definitely dog-rough and will be back very soon.

The consumer unit is a big fat C1 all over - no blank plates on missing MCB's, no busbar guard, some pretty big holes etc.

Found 2 radial sockets on incorrect MCB's (B32 and B40 on 2.5mm)
(Fixed that on the spot).
No bonding to water.

etc.etc.etc.

Might put a couple of pics up on 'pics for your amusement;.

I'm going to code the choc blocs as C1.

Thanks all.

:)

D

Deleted member 26818

I would code it as a C2 as it stands.
If this is intended to be within a ceiling void, then C3.

If you are classing as a C1, I would also issue a EDN before leaving site, preferable isolate circuit/s where appropriate and issue Isolation Cert and get the client to sign for them both. If all goes pair shape, back is covered. Isolation cert attached for your convenience.

Attachments

A good book for EICR is Napits EICR Codebreaker. section 5.17.3 Distribution of final circuits
"Cable connection/joint in live cable(s) not made within an enclosure. Access to live parts Reg 526.5 defect code C1"

Charlie_

-
Arms
Been thinking of purchasing that book myself, I’m a Napit member so it’s relevant..
Possibly not suitable for those who are members of different schemes though as it may conflict with their views on different codes?

D

Deleted member 26818

I certain there’s a thread where some of the coding advice is pulled to bits.

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to EICR - Code 1 or 2 - for unenclosed conductors in choc-blocs? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Top Bottom