Discuss EPC - Goalposts moved again... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

That is correct my ePc guy just called me to let me know of the changes but it's only for the property's that don't reach a band D so revisits will be chargeable so add it on the cost as customer will have to pay for it.

Where's the logic?

Why else would you want to achieve a band D + specifically? Also what solar company would be stupid enough to pay for an EPC to be lodged before they carry out the installation?

I can't see what this is trying to achieve other than the point Gavin raised re: deadline

well, it provides double the work for the assessors, who it would appear there are rather a lot of at the moment and who are a bit short on work!

well, it provides double the work for the assessors, who it would appear there are rather a lot of at the moment and who are a bit short on work!

I've spoken to 4 DEA's in the last few days locally and they are all busy and don't want this extra running around. They are in a competitive industry and doing the same thing twice feels like a waste of anyones time, particularly if travelling is involved.

We are going to have to work with several over our 'patch' which is quite small in comparison to what some of you lads are covering...

That said it is going to double the revenue of the DCLG from solar. Another body trying to get in on the solar goldmine (just it's a typical government department - a year late).

why would it double the revenue for a body !!!

The DEA visits before the install and does a EPC DRAFT copy no cost to submit .

if its a D great submit EPC without panels so customer get higher tariff.

if it falls below a D ??? ask your DEA to add the solar power system size on to draft copy ! hopefully the panels will bring it to a D

if this is the case --- do install then DEA revisits to confirm panels are there

SIMPLES -- epc only gets submitted once not twice.

why would it double the revenue for a body !!!

The DEA visits before the install and does a EPC DRAFT copy no cost to submit .

if its a D great submit EPC without panels so customer get higher tariff.

if it falls below a D ??? ask your DEA to add the solar power system size on to draft copy ! hopefully the panels will bring it to a D

if this is the case --- do install then DEA revisits to confirm panels are there

SIMPLES -- epc only gets submitted once not twice.

The guidence recommends doing the whole thing twice due to insurance cover etc. As you do your own it may not be applicable as you're unlikely to take legal action against yourself and can be a bit more flexible. The DEA's we have spoken to so far are not willing to be flexible on this as they have been threatened by their governing body.

If you are contracted to assess whether the property is already Band D prior to the install, or to identify any measures additional to the proposed PV system that would need to be installed in order to achieve a Band D, we strongly recommend that you issue an EPC to reflect the property on the date of this initial inspection. This will ensure that you have proper insurance cover and an audit trail in the event of any future dispute arising.

Please note that if you do end up producing “before” and “after” installation EPC, you cannot re-use photographs or other evidence from the initial EPC in support of the post-installation EPC. For QA purposes, each EPC is considered to stand alone and must be fully supported by evidence as specified in the scheme rules.

Reply to EPC - Goalposts moved again... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net