Discuss EU vs UK power lead for subwoofer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Koikidder

DIY
Reaction score
Hi everyone, sorry if this has been posted twice but I didn't see it go through.

If anyone can help me I would appreciate it.
I have bought a Logitech speaker system but received the subwoofer damaged. Logitech have been in touch with me and said they can no longer supply me with a UK version as no stock available but they can supply me with a EU subwoofer. My question is could I use this UK power lead woth a UK plug into the back of the EU version sub and still work the same as this one would or is there different volts or watts running through a EU built one what different? Sorry if it may seem a stupid question to some but I have no idea.

Thanks in advance
Gary

Yes, the EU version is the same voltage (230V) and will work with a compatible UK power lead. Indeed very often the only difference between a UK version and an EU version of a product is which power lead is included in the pack and which languages the instructions are in.

Yes, the EU version is the same voltage (230V) and will work with a compatible UK power lead. Indeed very often the only difference between a UK version and an EU version of a product is which power lead is included in the pack and which languages the instructions are in.
Thanks for your reply, I have been looking at some images on Google and it appears that the EU version the cable/plug is fixed where as my UK version can be unplugged from the sub with a power lead so would this mean I would have to cut the EU plug off and rewire a UK plug or use a adaptor. To be honest this isn't really ideal as I have just bought it and have to mess around like this, madness not happy at all specially the price i paid.

They are not really allowed to supply a product in the UK with a non-UK plug. What they should do, and indeed what you could do if there's no other option, is to fit a permanent plug converter (not a travel adaptor or shaver adaptor) that clamps securely over the non-UK plug and makes it into a UK one. These are safe and reliable and meet applicable standards, unlike many nasty adaptors on sale.

E.g this product, which you might point out to them is what should be coming pre-installed if it's a 2-pin Europlug

Or this one if it's earthed:

They are not really allowed to supply a product in the UK with a non-UK plug. What they should do, and indeed what you could do if there's no other option, is to fit a permanent plug converter (not a travel adaptor or shaver adaptor) that clamps securely over the non-UK plug and makes it into a UK one. These are safe and reliable and meet applicable standards, unlike many nasty adaptors on sale.

E.g this product, which you might point out to them is what should be coming pre-installed if it's a 2-pin Europlug

Or this one if it's earthed:
Thanks for your advice i have asked them for a bit more information, to be honest I wouldn't of thought they would offer sending a product out to a county its not designed for but thats the route they are going to resolve this issue. I payed full pops for the item and it didn't say end of line but there now saying no stock for the item so I dont know if its just a stock issue or there not making the item no more and if thats the case really the warrenty doesn't mean nothing. I'll just have to wait for a reply from them now but worse case that plug adapter you have sent me the link for would be the best and safe option thanks.

Reply to EU vs UK power lead for subwoofer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net