Discuss Favourite Screw Drivers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
So , i though I would change things up and use my old Irazola Tekno screw drivers today instead of my usual Wiha drivers and I must say I forgot how nice the old Irazola Teckno drivers are ( the only issue I can't find my Pz1 )

I also used to have the Bahco Ergo ones but sold them to Tel ages ago ( Tel if you don't use them I might be tempted to buy them back off you 😉

Few years ago in Istanbul , you could buy the Irazola stuff for PEANUTS .It was all super cheap. Not sure why?
I think I paid about £20 for my Irazola set but this was a few years ago

If Irazola gear is manufactured in Turkey it might explain why its cheaper there

Over the past 25 years I think I must have tried pretty much every make and style of vde screw driver

Will probably rotate my different sets now just for some variety on jobs

I've usually bought the cheapest going, but with the occasional splurge on one or two good ones (Klein most recently).

Though my recent favourite is a no name Amazon find:

31LeiLKZnaL.jpg

Which is 150mm x 5 x 0.8mm - the 0.8mm thickness is key for me, because it means it fits some of the socket screws that my other 5 or 5.5mm screwdrivers don't (They are all 1.0mm thick) , and it's a better fit width wise than going down to a 4mm.

I'm still looking for a good PZ-SL driver though - both my Wera/Draper (effectively the same) and the Wiha pop up ones slip too often for my liking, though some of that is down to the poor quality of screws in modern switchgear...

I've usually bought the cheapest going, but with the occasional splurge on one or two good ones (Klein most recently).

Though my recent favourite is a no name Amazon find:

31LeiLKZnaL.jpg

Which is 150mm x 5 x 0.8mm - the 0.8mm thickness is key for me, because it means it fits some of the socket screws that my other 5 or 5.5mm screwdrivers don't (They are all 1.0mm thick) , and it's a better fit width wise than going down to a 4mm.

I'm still looking for a good PZ-SL driver though - both my Wera/Draper (effectively the same) and the Wiha pop up ones slip too often for my liking, though some of that is down to the poor quality of screws in modern switchgear...
Hang on...you referring the pic to your Amazon find ?? THose ITL drivers are Pure quality !

I have always fancied trying these American Klein screwdrivers

But the sets come with a robertson square instead of a pozi drive so seems a bit pointless for us in the Uk

But the sets come with a robertson square instead of a pozi drive so seems a bit pointless for us in the Uk

Here I find myself disliking the handles on those drivers, but drooling at the thought of a set that replaces Pozi with Robertson.

Isn't the world ill-divided 😄

Here I find myself disliking the handles on those drivers, but drooling at the thought of a set that replaces Pozi with Robertson.

Isn't the world ill-divided 😄
See its funny I have Klein 11 in 1 non-Insulated screw driver , and initially I didn't like the big round barrel style handle , but after using it for about a month I love the round handle

I think they have MOD contracts to supply .UK based company etc .I only have one and I think its super quality but does look very "Ex British Rail " etc !

But the sets come with a robertson square instead of a pozi drive so seems a bit pointless for us in the U

at least it will pi$$ ocf the next guy, and you could justify your £95/hour labour charge.

at least it will pi$$ ocf the next guy, and you could justify your £95/hour labour charge.

£36 for 600 assorted screws 😱

We buy buckets of screwlox with red plugs for the same price you pay for Pozi.

35 quid for a small pack of screws 😯

95£ is more call - out jobs or small jobs which leave no time in a day to do more than one house call so each small job has to pay for itself

its expensive to live down here

Which reminds me I need some more fixings , so just ordered this for 15 quid

Reply to Favourite Screw Drivers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net