Discuss Fire rated downlights in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

flukey

-
Reaction score
hi all,
just pricing up a downlight job that i really want/need to win. havent done any downlights for a while and just want to clarify that when installing fire rated downlights they dont need a hood and the insulation in the loft will rest quite happily on them. i have always installed covers but would like to keep the price competitive ;)

Buy the jcc range from edmonsons,if you get on with the guys behind the desk they give you good deals.the jcc range have firehoods on them and i would always advise not putting insulation on them,no matter what the make.

Buy the jcc range from edmonsons,if you get on with the guys behind the desk they give you good deals.the jcc range have firehoods on them and i would always advise not putting insulation on them,no matter what the make.

The JCC range are awful, all I ever seem to do is to install new transformers on the LV range and the quality of their lights is pretty bad!

Do yourself a favour mate and install something of good quality. Remember, it's your name on the job!

Don't know whether your wholesaler can supply them, but I use a low energy, fire rated, double insulated unit, lamp supplied too, they are from ELD distribution. They really are the 'dogs'

I pay about £11.50 a pop for them! Quality and price I've found nothing better!

You could always give them a ring, ask for Adam, tell him Stu said you'd sort him out with a good deal!

Click on 'low energy fire rated' in the left hand column

Garfield Electrical Supplies, Wholesale, Lighting, Pershore, Worcestershire, Worcester

Staff...;)

Last edited by a moderator:
the jcc range are awful, all i ever seem to do is to install new transformers on the lv range and the quality of their lights is pretty bad!

Do yourself a favour mate and install something of good quality. Remember, it's your name on the job!

Don't know whether your wholesaler can supply them, but i use a low energy, fire rated, double insulated unit, lamp supplied too, they are from eld distribution. They really are the 'dogs'

i pay about £11.50 a pop for them! Quality and price i've found nothing better!

You could always give them a ring, ask for adam, tell him stu said you'd sort him out with a good deal!

Click on 'low energy fire rated' in the left hand column

garfield electrical supplies, wholesale, lighting, pershore, worcestershire, worcester

staff...;)

i cant believe you pay 11.50 per spotlight.ive had no problems with jcc and they are a real good price.i know its your name going on the job but in the middle of a recession people cant afford to spend that much on spots,because they need to make the most money they can from the job.

hi jason,
am i right in saying that downlighters in top floor ceilings and bungalow ceilings dont need to be fire rated then??

Yep, but i fit them anyway, considering the cost :)

the jcc fire rated 11w lights say there is no need to remove insulation i have e mailed robus to see what they say i have some to fit soon

There is no need to remove insulation on any of the LE d/lights ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Fire rated downlights in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net