CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Flourescent and strobe effect in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lionelmcc

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi Guys
A customer has asked me for a fluorescent fitting in a small workshop. However there is a table saw and I am concerned about strobe effect. also I have searched the net and cannot find any products that are both dust proof and mechanically protected.
I bet some of you guys ou there know just what I am looking for and where to purchase it.
I would be grateful for any advice

:confused: Still green but keen

L

D

desertbootz

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would've thought that unless the saw is rotating at an exact multiple of the lights frequency then it shouldn't be an issue...

Quick and dirty way out is to have more than one fitting or an incandescent to light the work table, both of which will improve lighting where it's needed most, strobe or no strobe.

Last edited by a moderator:

benji

-
Arms
spot on jason, also if dust is a problem use polycarb enclosed fittings

yours benji

G

Guest123

Hey.

Agreed, non corrosive, high frequency fittings are the best way of getting a good ingress rating and stopping stroboscopic effect.

Cheers.

L

lionelmcc

thank you chaps all very helpful posts:)

L

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to Flourescent and strobe effect in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Top Bottom