Discuss Fused Spurs? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

agree totally with above we are talking very basic minor electrical work here that most homeowners would do themselves regardless, learn the basic rules that need to be applied.

just about to move bt points and associated cabling etc, should i retrain as a bt engineer first - of course not, let common sense prevail.

Re Telecom.. Nikky pocket Guide says Telephone and similar data and ELV wiring in a special location is notifiable work
although I can find no reference quickly to this in the approved document.

ATB
Steve

How do you get a Part P qualification when there is no such thing?:rolleyes:

True. Also 2391-10 does not deal with installation. It is an Inspection, Testing and Certification course. People can install without it (in fact you are supposed to be a Qualified Electrician before attempting it.)

Give the Geezer a break..he installs alarms,run off Electrickery..not bleeding water,so he must have some understanding of it all.....and at least hes asking questions to make sure he does it right and not just going for it...how many sparks put alarms/security systems in without even reading the manual,then stand there like a prize ***** scratching themselves when theres bells ringing all around them...calm down with the **** responses,people are on here firstly for information...to ask,to pass it on or to verify...not to be made small by turds who are lacking in confidence!!!!!!!!!!

Thats all very well, but its a slightly different kettle of fish installing 230 volts and getting it wrong or installing a security system where if you get it wrong the bells go off. annoying yes but probably not hazardous

Gee wizz guys come on calm down , im sorry this is a dam good forum better than alot ive been on , i have seen so many alarms installed incorrectly its nice to see some one ask for advice instead of going in and making a mistake ,so as the moderators have said keep it civil or we may loose on of the best forums on the net !!:(

Reply to Fused Spurs? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net