Discuss Help needed with Nail / Beauty Salon Lighting in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

LlandrilloSpark

Fellas

I went to price a job in a Nail/Beauty salon today, Its basically a revamp of the whole of the lighting, there are two sections i could do with some advice on, one room is about 10ft by 7ft and 2 of the walls are black!, the walls are absobing the light at the moment and the customer wants this room to be light.

The second room is going to have a draped ceiling, i.e a ceiling which will have hanging fabric attached to in, again the brief is for maximum light as the girls will need to be able to see the colour changes in the hair in this room, Obviously im thinking a fitting with low or no heat output but bright also, is this possible, maybe LED's?

Thought Appriciated

Cheers

Hi, I recently had the same sort of project.
I used a product from ansell which was a 32 w led.

Absolute dream to fit and the results were fab.
Ansell will do a lighting scheme for you also.

Just now I am installing a LED panel lamp (600x600) mm from JCC.
I am really encouraged by the service I got from boyh suppliers.

If you wish I can give you contact numbers if it helps you.

Regards Mike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Id give a thought about colour rendering aswell mate with them using the hair dyes, as you dont want complaints about how the hair looks a different colour once they leave the salon!! Wait for someone more experienced to maybe put me right, but id say a colour rendering index of atleast 80 and a cooler lamp/tube to get as close to normal daylight colour as possible.

I cant think of anyway in which you could improve the dark room apart from change the colour of the walls, its gonna absorb any light. Only thing i can think of is if the ceiling is light coloured (which i doubt), is use a fitting which gives both direct and indirect lighting and bounce the light from the ceiling and floor and it may give the room a lighter feeling. For the second room mate, i cant really imagine what your saying, sorry!

Last edited:
mark, imaging a plasterboard ceiling with a big curtain pinned in each corner then pinned again in squares, so the curtain hangs from the ceiling!, ive never done anything like it, he even asked if the fitting i used could be used to hold up the fabric!

I think i can see what your saying, sounds a bit mad haha! Could you not use some kind of fitting what sits off the ceiling. I know its not really the right style for a beauty salon but type in 'Thorn Line XS' into google and it might give you some inspiration of what i mean!

Last edited:

Reply to Help needed with Nail / Beauty Salon Lighting in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net