Discuss Hired by a CO to be part of MCS creditation. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Manny

Hi,
I am a new electrician without much experience yet, just got all my certificates this year including PV installation C&G qualification. Now I found this CO that wants to hire me to be their electrician and obviously help the company to get MCS credited as I have all the paper work, etc.

I am confuse about what should I charge or what kind of contract I should establish, and what would happen if after the company getting the MCS, they decide to fire me or something? Are they gona keep the MCS and use my name?

Any input will be appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
You with the qualifications will be the company QS.
Without you they cannot operate.
If they replace you they have to inform whoever they are certified through and replace you with likewise trained person.
This puts you in a strong bargaining position.

Take it if you can!! Iv had an offer of the same thing from a company claiming to be pumping 100,000's in to a pv company and when i explained i will have to be there QS I never heard from them again. Out of interest are you any where near the m40 motorway?

Reply to Hired by a CO to be part of MCS creditation. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Experienced Electrician, C&G 236 Parts 1 & 2, AM 1 & 2 18th Edition Am 2. (JIB Gold Card) I've been out of the trade for some time, but did a...
Replies
Views
When hiring an electrician is it considered bad etiquette to ask if it is ok for me to go to Home Depot myself to buy a part? I get it costs time...
Replies
Views
I'm unsure if I should be an electrician or maybe another trade is better. I have basically completed my first year of a foundation in...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks , Just looking for a bit of advice as I'm looking to get back on the tools so please bare with me if this is a bit long winded. I'm a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I never really come on here to be honest, but I thought I’d get the opinion of a world of unknown to me electrical contractors because...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock