Discuss Home automation (and such) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SPARK2B

Good evening all,.....

i have looked on google for help with this, bookmarked many a page,... but i thought here would be a good (probably better) place to ask for this kind of help

....wheres the best place to find info on home automation, (and such like things) be they off the shelf products, self build projects etc etc,..everything from lighting to media control etc is what i am interested in,...if you can point me in directions that you guys would think i would find of use...id be, as always very very grateful!!

..i am brand new to this end of the spectrum,......i am working on a home made set up at the moment, connecting a pc to the tv in lounge and our bedroom, to access the movie library and have access to the pc on the tvs, wireless keyboards / whole house media set ups mice etc etc, ....like i said i am VERY new to this and i know my little project isnt much, but as i said this field really interests me..

also, my wife, due to a broken back when she was a teen has mobility issues, so i am interested in thinking of ways to make life easier for her on her worse days, (help her be comfortable etc)

as always, any and all help most appreciated

SPARK2B

have you looked at the raspberry pi website for what you mentioned i.e a DIY project for home automation it might be a runner i turned an old tv into a smart tv wireless keyboard etc with a raspberry pi and now i am trying to set one up as nas storage device (trying being the important part)
then i hope to try a lighting/heating room occupancy type project but not until i get a hell of lot more practice

Reply to Home automation (and such) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net