Search the forum,

Discuss I am cancelling NIC and joining NAPIT in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

I am with the NICEIC have been for 10 years never had a problem. The inspector i have is really friendly and helpful i have his email address and if i have a question he answers it the same day. I would be interested to know the cost of the other organisations and would i still have to have the assessment seeing as i have been in the NICEIC for so long

:)

unfortunately bums on seats doesn't make any difference!

I am with the NICEIC have been for 10 years never had a problem. The inspector i have is really friendly and helpful i have his email address and if i have a question he answers it the same day. I would be interested to know the cost of the other organisations and would i still have to have the assessment seeing as i have been in the NICEIC for so long

Best to keep quiet about being with them for so long
I can well understand your embarrassment having to admit the folly to the other scheme assessor
icon7.png

Costs are all comparable,each scheme charges the cartel rate

This wasn't about the cost this was about the fact that I didn't have a job to show him due to unfortunate circumstances.

So my argument was why couldn't he meet me at say my home for the morning as I was still paying the £290 plus vat

This time spent with me could of prepared me for my assessment with him

Instead they took the £290+vat and probably sent him to another assessment making another £290 elsewhere due to my misfortune

This wasn't about the cost this was about the fact that I didn't have a job to show him due to unfortunate circumstances.

But it's not their fault M8 is it? one of their conditions when you get enrolement is you need to be carrying out electrical installation work and once a year need to show them a selection of your works during the year from your last inspection, now okay you had a tough time this year due to a company going under, and they will be sympathetic about that, but a re-visit has to be carried out, due to your, not their, fault, saying you are going to leave them and look at another scammer due to this isn't going to help you in this instance, you need to have work to show an inspector regardless of what scam they are representing, sorry but your in the wrong not the NICEIC on this occassion, and you need to grow up about it and stop throwing your toys out of the pram about it.

But it's not their fault M8 is it? one of their conditions when you get enrolement is you need to be carrying out electrical installation work and once a year need to show them a selection of your works during the year from your last inspection, now okay you had a tough time this year due to a company going under, and they will be sympathetic about that, but a re-visit has to be carried out, due to your, not their, fault, saying you are going to leave them and look at another scammer due to this isn't going to help you in this instance, you need to have work to show an inspector regardless of what scam they are representing, sorry but your in the wrong not the NICEIC on this occassion, and you need to grow up about it and stop throwing your toys out of the pram about it.

Lol you still don't get what I am saying do you?

About the fact I still couldn't meet the assessor for the "time I have payed for"

Lol you still don't get what I am saying do you?

About the fact I still couldn't meet the assessor for the "time I have payed for"

I honestly doubt any of the schemes would have one of their engineers sit down the cafe with you for half a day so you can feel like you got your money's worth

What would you say if a customer said that your garden lights for the job you booked in haven't turned up yet so instead can you help me mow the lawn and wash my car!

as MDJ says it's your problem really mate no offence but they do declare this loud and clear in there T&c's

im sure you must have more than 2 jobs in a year you could show, I always think of this through out the year and speak to clients on jobs I've got on well with or domestic jobs who are retired etc and get around 7 or 8 jobs earmarked for the yearly assessments t hen you ain't running around like a headless chicken panicking trying to get jobs ready last minute when someone lets you down, offer them a discount on the next job you do for them if you have to, I have done before

you need to suck it up and learn from your experiences and be ready next year, it's no-one else's fault

and the NIC ain't a charity no more so of course they are gonna send that engineer to another job, you gotta remember they got loads a Electrical Trainee to certify before they need an NVQ in April lol

I honestly doubt any of the schemes would have one of their engineers sit down the cafe with you for half a day so you can feel like you got your money's worth
lol

Exactly you have pointed out what I was getting at......they have made money from my misfortune. As in doubled there money as there assessor will be elsewhere bringing in another £290+ vat whilst also getting my £290+ vat

I have not said about the short notice being a problem I know about late cancellations etc so this wasn't the issue. It was the fact that they have doubled there money for my misfortune and clearly said back to me the field officer will have somewhere else to go now.

Fair enough if he nowhere else to go then yes there will be a shortfall.

And all this you have to have a assessment then they shouldn't be sending me letters offering me a free scheme transfer.

Your comment regarding mowing the lawn.......it was only yesterday I was fixing a bed at a rental property due to a false call out, in the past whilst having my time wasted I have, fitted a door handle, moved wardrobes, cleared gutters.....this list goes on. So in answer to your question yes I would do anything to help someone as I am not money driven unlike this load of bull part p

What would you say if a customer said that your garden lights for the job you booked in haven't turned up yet so instead can you help me mow the lawn and wash my car!

as MDJ says it's your problem really mate no offence but they do declare this loud and clear in there T&c's

im sure you must have more than 2 jobs in a year you could show, I always think of this through out the year and speak to clients on jobs I've got on well with or domestic jobs who are retired etc and get around 7 or 8 jobs earmarked for the yearly assessments t hen you ain't running around like a headless chicken panicking trying to get jobs ready last minute when someone lets you down, offer them a discount on the next job you do for them if you have to, I have done before

you need to suck it up and learn from your experiences and be ready next year, it's no-one else's fault

and the NIC ain't a charity no more so of course they are gonna send that engineer to another job, you gotta remember they got loads a Electrical Trainee to certify before they need an NVQ in April lol

Ps this was a few years ago to yano

Any chance this could be locked or something? There will be details of micheal jacksons funeral next

wondered why my copy of thriller was going mouldy.

I am with the niceic been with them since part p started never had any problems with them, tech helpline good but can wait a while tho, I was speaking to a mate from college who is with napit he said he hasn't had visit from them nearly 4 years is that right

Would the NIC pay you £290+ VAT if they cancelled an assessors visit?

They haven't on the 3-4 occassions over the years when they have done just that to me, however it is all in the enrolement details when you become a approved contractor, like them or hate them, they do cover themselves when you join them and it's all in the wording of the conditions of enrolement, you can cancel on them if you have a good reason, I have been ill before and they have had to re-visit, I never got charged myself.

i've admired NAPIT from afar for a long time maybe thats the next one to try ?
Do they still check out the individual rather than the load of rubbish system where everybody at a firm hides under work done by one decent spark ?

i've admired NAPIT from afar for a long time maybe thats the next one to try ?
Do they still check out the individual rather than the load of rubbish system where everybody at a firm hides under work done by one decent spark ?

Yes they do and as the NICEIC assessor has the right to go to any of you jobs since there last visit - so no they don't.
All schemes have the bad and the ugly in them - I report them when I find them no matter what scheme they are with (or clam to be with in some cases).

I am with the niceic been with them since part p started never had any problems with them, tech helpline good but can wait a while tho, I was speaking to a mate from college who is with napit he said he hasn't had visit from them nearly 4 years is that right

No not right at all - assessments are supposed to be every year!

Yep must agree Brian Bill Allan form Napit has done some good articles in the Professional Electricians mag where he questions the credability of the Visual Inspection Condition Report where other Schemies are pushing it

Theres still no need for any of them. Just a non profit register is required.

good, bad, whatever, they achieve nothing and contribute nothing. But skim off a huge middleman, estate-agent-esque wadge of cash, while you tell them the time with your watch.

Reply to I am cancelling NIC and joining NAPIT in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net