Discuss In defence of the short course trainee in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

For god’s sake, someone shoot this thread! It would be a kindness to put it out of its misery! The poor thing has been flogged to the stage it’s on its last legs.

Donkeys on a tread mill have a better life than this! At least they are blindfolded so they don’t know they are going around in circles.

There are a couple of the mods I know are owners of firearms, one of you do the deed. The poor thing will thank you.

Yes Tony that bloody Down2 earth op as got a lot to answer for in post#1, look at the date and is opening line was " with redundancy looming" lol the Git kicked all this off.

The main fact remains, there are now literary thousands upon thousands of under qualified, under trained, under skilled, incompetent an inexperienced wannabe electricians out there working in unsuspecting customers/clients homes and businesses, that should never have been allowed in the workplace in the first place....

So which government or trade body do you suppose will change that? I can't think of one from either putting an end to small businesses which pay tax and membership fees. Even if you take the view that one would, then to do so would be throwing the baby out with the bath water. Not all are incompetent.

If a person has a background which links in then I think it's perfectly possible to learn sufficient basic information to work as a domestic electrician in five weeks. A huge proportion of an apprenticeship covers basic hand skills such as cutting, filing, making level, fixing types and techniques, pipe bending, accurate measurement, application of basic maths and physics and so on. Many other trades apply exactly the same transferrable skills. I doubt that any straight from school 16 year olds are taking five week courses, most people will have been working for some time. I don't suggest for a moment that someone who has been working in McDonald's or telesales could transfer their skills, but to assume that those are the only people trying to do so would be grossly inaccurate.

Err, what personal attacks are you talking about then??

Have read back through the posts. People are calling one another fools, miserable old gits, incompetent and by inference on a number of occasions, liars. The sort of stuff you'd think was restricted to a primary school playground. That comment and the one covered below weren't aimed at any one person, more the thread in general.

As for the keyboard warrior talk, .....well i think you may be more than a little surprised if you think that it would be definitely my snot and blood that's flying around!!

A somewhat ironic response to something not aimed at you personally. For the record though, I think it's also untrue. I very much doubt that their would be any surprise on either part. I'm sure body and feet positions would give the game away well before the dancing started.

Have read back through the posts.
All 451 of them??........ I'm not convinced ;)

People are calling one another fools, miserable old gits, incompetent and by inference on a number of occasions, liars. The sort of stuff you'd think was restricted to a primary school playground....
I thought you guys loved to argue about the limited scope qualifications :)

Obviously, as with all the similar threads around the forum this one is going nowhere constructive other than just being a place for everyone to state their opinion which, given the thread is over 450 posts long I assume they already have.

I'm closing this one whilst the going is still good, maybe we can have a weeks break before someone opens the next one that's in a similar vein.

Reply to In defence of the short course trainee in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net